Bell and Carlson 'medalist' stock

PDA

gimposaurus
November 2, 2007, 03:58 AM
Are these any good?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bell and Carlson 'medalist' stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dionysusigma
November 2, 2007, 07:04 AM
Many people like them, but they take a little too long to stew for my tastes. They have a somewhat tough texture, like a cross between pasta cooked al dente' and over-boiled shrimp, and a flavor approaching that of liver.

They work just fine as a garnish; I have even seen them used in desserts to offset an overly-sweet mousse. I don't recommend their use in anything that contains waterfowl, beef, chicken, pork, llama, shellfish, tofu, or beans.

Goes well with garlic, onions, or other strong-flavored hardy roots. Best served piping hot.

Total rating: 6/10.

:D:neener::D

In all honesty, they seem overpriced for use on a rifle that, on a good day, will average 1-2 MOA when fired from a vise, as hunting rifles are designed to be carried a lot, not promise a hit on a 4" target at 450 yards.

rbernie
November 2, 2007, 08:56 AM
They are solid, temperature-insensitive, and hold up well to field use. They do not deflect under pressure from a sling or bipod, and they free-float the barrel (which aids repeatability in any field situation).

If they fit you and you have a hankering to replace a lesser stock (cheap walnut/hardwood, flimsy synthetic), they are well worth the price.

browningguy
November 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
They are pretty decent stocks, for the money there is not really anything better. I've got two of them, a 7x57 and a .300 Winny and they work well. They may require a bit of fitting if using them on a Mauser action as there are so many minor differences, both of mine took about 15 minutes to get the fit right.

DnPRK
November 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
I like my Medalist stock. I put it on par with HS Precision stocks.

skinewmexico
November 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
I've got one on the 223 I use for F-Class, and I really like it. Looks good too. No wait, mine is the Varmint/Tactical. Shoots well though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bell and Carlson 'medalist' stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!