CZ Mags

PDA

karnaaj
November 2, 2007, 12:17 PM
I have been looking for extra mags for my CZ75B 9mm and have visited CDNN and Top Gun Supply's websites. They just list mags for the CZ75. I'm guessing that these will work but I wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fburgtx
November 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
I believe they're the same.

P.S. Mec-Gar is the "oem" maker of mags for the CZ75. Stick with them if you want good, reliable stuff.

JHansenAK47
November 2, 2007, 02:53 PM
The mecgar 16 rd mags are the ones you want.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/cz9mm16blman.html
I use these in my SP-01 they fit CZ75Bs also.

1 old 0311
November 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
Mec Gar does make the CZ mags BUT the stampings are a bit different with the aftermarket Mec Gar than with the factory ones. Both function perfect, but the dimples on the aftermarker are different. I have 5 of each.

karnaaj
November 2, 2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks guys, just wanted to be sure.

nwb01
November 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
I have some if you are interested. Send me a PM

skinewmexico
November 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
The 16 round mags I've gotten from CDNN feed fine, but don't drop free, which is worthless to me. I've heard the factory 15 round will, but I haven't found one to try.

JHansenAK47
November 3, 2007, 12:28 AM
Skinewmexico
The 16rd mags from cdnn drop free in mine. I had my grip screws too tight and they wouldn't drop free. I suspect you have a similar problem because they should drop free.

Sonic
November 3, 2007, 03:50 AM
The 16 round mags I've gotten from CDNN feed fine, but don't drop free, which is worthless to me. I've heard the factory 15 round will, but I haven't found one to try.

Don't forget the CZ-75 has a magazine brake. I believe it was intended to just slow the exit of the magazine from the magwell, but due to manufacturing tolerances, with some magazines it can end up applying enough friction to prevent the magazine from dropping at all.

From the limited research I have done, the best fix seems to be to try to bend the brake (which is essentially just a flat spring) back towards the pistol's backstrap just enough, till all your magazines consistently drop free. Removing the magazine brake altogether is generally not considered a good solution, since the brake provides the flat smooth surface in the back of the magwell that the back of the magazine rides against during insertion, and removing it can allow magazines to hang up on the inside of the magwell when they are being inserted.

A picture of a CZ-75, with its grips removed so the magzine brake is visible, can be seen on Oleg Volk's website at:

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/cz75/mag_brake.jpg.html

TonyT
November 3, 2007, 07:54 AM
I had the same problem with mags not dropping free from a CZ-75B whuile they did drop free from a CZ-75SA. The factory recommended bending the mag brake spring.

schildgen
November 3, 2007, 03:39 PM
Or you can send CZ $10 and get a drop free mag brake. Cdnn is out of CZ 16 round mags, I think Arizina Gunrunners may have some, don't buy direct from MecGar, too expensive.

deanodog
November 3, 2007, 06:31 PM
After reading the comments on this thread I removed the grips on my CZ75BD and bent the mag brake and my mags will drop free now. I was concerned about the fact that they would not drop free and that fixed mine up. They will drop free every time now but the still insert as well as always. We get a lot of good info on this forum. Thanks

skinewmexico
November 3, 2007, 08:44 PM
Or you can send CZ $10 and get a drop free mag brake.

Crap. I just got it back from CZ this week. Wish I had known.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ Mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!