Hammer spur on S&W compacts?

PDA

Coffee357
July 15, 2003, 10:42 PM
Have any of you folks added a hammer with a spur to your S&W compacts? If so, is hammer bite an issue without the longer grip tang found on the full sized Smith autos? I always figured this was the only thing keeping their compacts from being ideal sidearms.

Thanks,

Coffee

If you enjoyed reading about "Hammer spur on S&W compacts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
9x19
July 15, 2003, 11:48 PM
Nope, but I am curious why you think a hammer spur is necessary on the compacts... if you have the time.

E357
July 16, 2003, 02:51 AM
A friend had Smith add a small 1/2 spur hammer to his 3913 along with a trigger job. It made the gun more fun at the range.

Another gun I should have bought.

Elliot

Coffee357
July 16, 2003, 10:04 AM
9x19,

It's not that I feel a spur is necessary on the compacts - I just feel it would add to the versatility of the weapon. If a difficult distant shot were necessary, I don't relish the idea of fumbling with a short stub of a hammer prior to the shot. For a dedicated short-range defense gun the hammer spur is not needed and may interfere with the draw. For a range and field gun that may also see some ccw time, I think the hammer is nice. I already have my dedicated concealed defense weapons. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Keep 'em coming.

Coffee

If you enjoyed reading about "Hammer spur on S&W compacts?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!