Kel Tec P11 just arrived!!

PDA

CoRoMo
November 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
My little CCW just arrived:neener:, and I'm dying to get it out to the range. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time on the KTOG, but I just wanted to ask those of you here who have one of these for any advice/hints to get it off to a good start or what to watch for or look out for, what mistakes to avoid.

When I pushed on the rear sight, it flew right out.:what::eek: Is this really supposed to be that loose? I would super-glue it in, but I'd hate for that to screw up the accuracy.:uhoh: Or am I just being too cautions?

I was trying to locate a post that I saw the other day where a member mentioned replacing a few springs, and one spring in particular improved the drop safety up to 6ft.:confused: I just wondered if that changed the trigger or anything in any negative way.

Thanks guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel Tec P11 just arrived!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JDGray
November 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
Congrats! The little KTs require some trigger time to shoot well. Mine shot 8" low at 25', so I ordered the sight kit from KT. The sight shouldn't move that easy, but I wouldn't glue it in, maybe you could shim it with something. Mine was 100% reliable, but sold it because of the horrible trigger. I have a P32, that is a little easier to shoot, but it still hits a little low. The very long triggers are tough to shoot. Have fun with your new toy!:D

351 WINCHESTER
November 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
I hope you got a good one. I think the p11 has had less "issues" than some of their other guns. I bought one several years ago and had to take it back to k/t for a quick fix. It's worked fine ever since. My rear sight came off too. Call them and they wil send you some more. A little fitting may be required as they are a bugger to install. And some superglue may be in order.

jakeswensonmt
November 2, 2007, 07:14 PM
I have a P11 too, think you're gonna like the "little booger" as one P11 owner called his in another thread.

The fit and finish isn't amazing, but mine has been 100% reliable, and Kel Tec customer support is supposed to be the best. For doing what it's for, i.e. an inexpensive short range SHTF weapon, it's a darn good little pistol.

Check out the "Fluff and Buff" at ktog.org if you haven't already.

gpr
November 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
ktog.org is a good site for keltec info....mine took a couple of trips to range to get it to feed...i spent some time on the feed ramp...100% now...gpr

clone
November 2, 2007, 07:26 PM
Wolff http://www.gunsprings.com/1ndex.html has springs and spring-sets for the p11. i bought the Recoil Calibration Pak and use the 20lb recoil spring and the extra power fireing-pin. the fireing-pin spring does not effect trigger pull.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/droptestresults.htm

Deles136
November 3, 2007, 01:34 AM
I find if I keep a solid grip on any Kel-Tec pistol I have very few problems. I keep as much forward pressure on the pistol as I can. This keeps jamming down a lot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel Tec P11 just arrived!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!