New Weapon For '08

PDA

Ala Dan
November 2, 2007, 06:46 PM
Greeting's All-

SIGARMS announces that at least 2,000 units of the all new polymer frame
SIG P250 will be in the hands of consumers before the '08 SHOT SHOW in
'Vegas. This was confirmed by SIGARMS southeastern Regional Sales Mgr.
Ray Santos, during a visit to our store this week. Continuing, he says that
this new firearm will replace the SIG Pro firearms in 9m/m and .40 S&W. It
remains too be seen, just how good the new replacement (SIG P250) will
be~? :scrutiny: ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Weapon For '08" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hoppy590
November 2, 2007, 07:12 PM
so the 250 isnt a myth! wow. i hope i can get one in MA

GunTech
November 2, 2007, 07:53 PM
Here you go:

http://www.americancopmagazine.com/articles/SIG/SIG.htm

Ala Dan
November 2, 2007, 08:36 PM
Many thanks to my friend Gun Tech for the link~! ;) :D

Warren
November 2, 2007, 09:23 PM
Interesting concept. I wonder why they didn't also make changeable backstraps and side panels for the grip.

With the different standard grip sizes and those panels and backstraps it would be hard to find a person that could not get a near-perfect feeling grip. Maybe even front straps with finger grooves and without. Grips with thumb rests, or not. Arched MSH or flat. Palmswell...or not. 20 DPI or 10 chekering or some other..your choice. Maybe even exotic grip materials. And on and on. All the custom options that exist with metal framed autos in a poly gun. The mind boggles.

Also it would be cool to be able to take the frame assembly out of the pistol and drop it into a carbine.

If the 250 proves popular a lot of these things might pop up in the aftermarket. Like CCF Raceframes does for GLOCK. A company would likely need a license from SIGSauer to do it and I wonder just how likely SIG would be to grant such license.

One thing that is disappointing is when I saw the model number I was hoping they would take the opportunity to roll out a .50 cal auto. :D

bannockburn
November 2, 2007, 09:45 PM
Well the concept seems logical and practical; I just hope that through the manufacturing process, that the tolerances to manintain the critical fit of three different frame sizes, to the fire control chassis, to the slide, remain consistant and reliable. Should be interesting to see when they hit the market.

mekender
November 3, 2007, 12:36 AM
so basically you can buy one frame, and just get the other 2 slide/barrel combos and you have 3 different caliber options?

what i read was that the .45 wasnt interchangeable...

Warren
November 3, 2007, 12:50 AM
I don't see why it would be impossible to change a .45 to a .40 or a 9mm (provided there are proper sized slides and barrels that match the bigger width), it is going the other way that can't be done.

If Tangfoglio can do it why not SiG?

If you enjoyed reading about "New Weapon For '08" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!