What's it worth: No1 Mk3 ex-wire wrap

PDA

fgr39
November 2, 2007, 08:38 PM
1949 GRI No1 Mk3 that was a wire wrap but has been unwrapped and the stock cleaned up. Its numbers are all matching with one or two small factory repairs to the stock, it has a great barrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's it worth: No1 Mk3 ex-wire wrap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
68'chevelle
November 2, 2007, 08:45 PM
go to www.Enfield-rifles.com, They should be able to tell you.

Good Luck!

Vaarok
November 2, 2007, 08:49 PM
Well, being refinished hurts value, but a good ballpark is about $175-250, depending on how appealing it looks and where in the country you are.

Limeyfellow
November 2, 2007, 09:33 PM
I seen them go for $100-150 around here.

cracked butt
November 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
Some Dunham's stores have recently stocked them for around $150. I bought my wirewrap about 2 years ago for that price.

cracked butt
November 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
with one or two small factory repairs to the stock

They almost always have a repair at the heel of the stock as the rifle was inverted with the heel placed on the ground for launching grenades.

DougW
November 3, 2007, 10:27 AM
The heel and toe repairs on the Indian rifles also were a result of the drill practices of their army. They slammed their rifles to the ground during drills, messing up the stocks.

Niner
November 3, 2007, 10:57 AM
An Enfield originally modified to fire granades and then having the wrap removed would make it worth less to a collector. Most collectors would pass it by unless under about $75. At least that's my two cents worth. And I do have more than a dozen Enfields of one sort and another.

By the way, I got a 1MKIII granade launcher rifle in service condition with granade cup from the old Springfield Sporters back in 2002 for $75 plus $12 shiping. Now the granade cups I've seen offered for $125.

Chipperman
November 3, 2007, 12:22 PM
I agree with Niner. Most collectors would pass entirely unless it was a very good price.
It would probably be worth more as a sporting/hunting rifle.

DougW
November 3, 2007, 05:27 PM
+1 to Niner and Chipperman.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's it worth: No1 Mk3 ex-wire wrap" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!