Got my used Sig P220 today

PDA

O.S.O.K.
November 2, 2007, 09:13 PM
I ordered this from SOG - $379 plus overnight shipping - $407 OTD.

Well, its definately got some wear but its tight and was pretty clean. Looks like a police trade-in - mostly holster wear. Came with one 7rd mag. but I ordered a couple of 8 rounders (Sig factory) from Midway.

This is the standard black decocker model with double action/single action. Although a little big, its very light weight due to the alloy frame. Much lighter than I expected. The trigger is great!

We will see how she shoots but given the condition alone, I'd order another one in a heart beat. They also have S&W 4583's (stainless 45 ACP) that are only $329...

I'm a big fan of 45ACP and just couldn't resist getting this Sig. I also have an XD, a Springfield 1911-A1, a Ballestar Molina, a Webley (converted to 45 ACP) and a really nice Colt 1917 in this caliber.

I'm going to make up some handloads tomorrow and take the Sig to the range for a test run.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my used Sig P220 today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Lonestar49
November 2, 2007, 10:19 PM

Sounds like she's rdy for a new, happy, owner, as the trigger is singin a song to ya..

Congrats, and enjoy,

Ls

rockstar.esq
November 2, 2007, 10:36 PM
I own a factory refurbished P220. Absolutely reliable. The original 7 round magazines exhibited a weird tendency. If fully loaded, inserted, drop the slide, the top round in the magazine has a tendency to "walk" forward from the mag lips. The gun is still 100% reliable but if you pull the magazine out for a tac reload, the top round typically falls out while you withdraw the magazine. The factory 8 round stainless bodied models don't do this AT ALL. I heartily recommend them with one caveat, never put one up the pipe with 8 in the mag because the spring sets and won't have enough force to make the slide stop work properly.

tydephan
November 2, 2007, 10:52 PM
Do you have a link? Do they have more for sale?

I've been thinking about a P220.

bluto
November 2, 2007, 11:22 PM
You are gonna' love your P220. They are amazingly accurate (including used ones). With proper ammo, some range time, and a little "bonding" with the owner, will shoot right up there with many higher end 1911's.

I own two used P220's myself and always wonder why/how somebody could bear to part with such a fine machine.

highrider
November 3, 2007, 12:24 AM
A lot of shooters consider the P220 the premier handgun. I won't argue. Congratulations on acquiring a classic.

O.S.O.K.
November 3, 2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys - the link to SOG is http://www.southernohiogun.com

They have quite a few other handguns not shown on the web site too - I have a C&R license so I get their catalog. They have 9mm, 40 and Sig Pro's too. All under $400. They also have P230's but for $449.

They also have a lot of Smith's - almost ordered a 4586 for $329 - basically the tactical equivalent to the P-220.

Here's a pic - loaded some ammo for it (shown) this morning and going to the range with her tomorrow.

http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/medium/HPIM1011a.JPG

The wear is superficial - she is tight and the bore is like new - carried a lot, shot little - there are no markings but I'd bet it's a police trade-in.

Ala Dan
November 3, 2007, 10:14 PM
Not bad at all, my friend. You will dearly LUV your SIG P220. Now, all you
(and I) need are P220's chambered in 9m/m and .38 Super. Neither is easy
too find; but with the latter being very difficult~! Enjoy :scrutiny: ;) :D

bluto
November 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
Ala Dan -

That's my next quest. I just picked up my 2nd CPO, an all W. German P220. My first was a W. German frame with a new stainless Nitron'd slide. A .38 Super or a 9mm would be outstanding.

Autolycus
November 3, 2007, 10:38 PM
Sounds like you got a great deal on it. I have heard nothing but good things about the P220.

jakeswensonmt
November 4, 2007, 01:02 PM
the top round in the magazine has a tendency to "walk" forward from the mag lips.

Mine has always done this, and has failed to feed exactly zero times in thousands of rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my used Sig P220 today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!