New Taurus PT745

PDA

Mdbullet223
November 3, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hello All, I just bought a new PT-745 this past Thursday and I finally got a chance to take it to the range today. I put 100 rounds of Winchester White Box Wal-Mart special through it without a problem. No FTF or FTE. I was a bit surprised that with just a 3.25" Bbl that the recoil was not more than it was. I have to admit that I do not care for the dot the eye sights on it, I guess I have always had the 3 dot system. I found out that Williams makes the 3 dot Fire Sights for this so I will probably order them Monday. If I run into any problems with it I will keep eveyone updated. Be Safe, Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "New Taurus PT745" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DougW
November 3, 2007, 05:30 PM
Dang, with all the new pistols coming out from everyboby that makes a pistol, I can't keep up. Guess I better look up a PT745. How were your group sizes? Did you get to do any double taps to check function and control? Good purchase though. I have always liked anything Taurus makes.

wally
November 3, 2007, 09:19 PM
Double check the Williams sights, I think they are for the older DAO model. When they came out with the "SA/DA" trigger they went to Heine "straight 8" dot the eye type sights and changed the dovetails so the sights for the older models won't fit.

--wally.

PCRit
November 3, 2007, 09:30 PM
I've been using the PT745 for summer carry the last few years. Very nice shooter, plenty accurate for CCW. I have the older DAO Pro model, but I tried the newest SA/DA model and found that I shot it the same as my DAO model. Anyway, either one will do just fine:D

bensdad
November 3, 2007, 09:42 PM
If I remember correctly (which would be a first) the only thing my PT-745 has jammed on so far was a hand-load of 5.2 Bullseye (kinda hot) under a 230 gr. Hornady cone-shaped FMJ. I think the wierd shaped bullet was the problem. I had several FTFs with them. I won't buy those bullets again. They were my first .45acp hand-load.

The 745 is a sweet little gun.

stephpd
November 4, 2007, 12:27 AM
Dougw, the pt745 is a single stack version of the pt145, which is a double stack.
The part number for the williams sights with dovetails is 70897.
Listed in their catalog.
Web site only lists the older sights for 2nd gen (70268);)

sel366
November 4, 2007, 12:58 AM
You can look at the "price list" on the website, it shows both kinds of firesights available. They are like $46.95 a set. I am thinking of ordering a set or two for my Taurus'.

tinygnat219
November 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
This is a good little gun. Reliable, concealable, and decent.

and the most reliable of the 7 Tauri I had. Don't give it up.

jpwilly
November 4, 2007, 09:16 PM
I have the PT145 Mil Pro 3rd gen the PT745 is it's single stack brother. The savings .15" in width or so with the PT745 but the I prefer the extra capacity. The only time I've gotten mine to fail was by purposly "limp wristing" it and it didn't cycle fully. Otherwise 100% and I carry it daily. My other fun Pistol is a PT1911 that I use quite a bit for range duty and for when I fell like I need some cold steel and a BUG.

weregunner
November 4, 2007, 10:44 PM
Just for gee whiz info or consideration.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2418.0

If you enjoyed reading about "New Taurus PT745" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!