Marlin 336 Trigger Question

PDA

possom813
November 3, 2007, 07:09 PM
I just bought a 336 today, scored a heckuva pawn shop deal. I don't know which version it is, and my brain won't comprehend the differences right now.

Anyway, it fires well and is pretty accurate for the first 5 rounds that I've fired. But I noticed when I started cleaning it that the trigger wiggles. When the hammer is cocked it tightens up, but you can still push it forward maybe 1/8-1/4 of an inch. Is that normal? I don't see it affecting the rifle in anyway, I just don't know if it's normal.

It's got a gold trigger if that makes any difference.

-John

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 336 Trigger Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
November 3, 2007, 08:08 PM
yes its normal.

don't know anything about the gold trigger, though.

_N4Z_
November 3, 2007, 08:12 PM
Gold trigger wiggles too. I have a 336W with a gold one.

If it just bugs the poo out of you there is a replacement made by Wild West that stops the wiggles.... :scrutiny:

But it will set you back 70 or 80 bucks I think.

possom813
November 3, 2007, 08:14 PM
Right on, I posted this in the 336 club thread as well. I got impatient and put it out in the open also.

So the wiggles don't hurt anything, it still goes bang. I've just never owned one and wanted to make sure that all was well.

Now I reckon I have to figure out how to get the bolt out to bore sight the new scope.

Thanks
-John

armabill
November 3, 2007, 10:03 PM
I have a 336C and mine wiggles too. That's normal, relax, it's nothing to worry about.

JohnKSa
November 3, 2007, 10:07 PM
If you don't like it, Wild West Guns sells a "Trigger Happy" kit that fixes the wiggle and also improves the trigger pull to around 2-3lbs with a very nice break. The one I put on my Marlin is better than that. :D

The instructions say gunsmith install, but I've never heard of one that didn't drop in.

http://www.wildwestguns.com/Accessories/accessories.html

(You'll have to scroll down a bit to find it.)

If you get it, the instructions to install it are posted here (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=65313).

dakotasin
November 3, 2007, 10:48 PM
open the action, unscrew the lever, and slide the bolt out. keep a close eye on the ejector because it isn't retained by anything.

336's come apart pretty easy.

when you put it back together, make sure you apply downward pressure on the hammer as you slide the bolt back in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin 336 Trigger Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!