Jonesing and Broke

PDA

matsaleh
July 15, 2003, 11:39 PM
I'm really jonesing for another gun (9mm or better), but I'm kinda short these days.

I don't do debt.

Is that a good enough excuse to get a Kel-Tec P-11?

P.S. I already have one Makarov, and yes, I know you can never have too many of them, but right now I'm diversifying my assets. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Jonesing and Broke" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zundfolge
July 15, 2003, 11:47 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I'm even trying to sell one of my guns to buy more.

Its a sickness ... oh well :p

hillbilly
July 16, 2003, 10:12 AM
Two words for you....

Plasma Donor..........say it with me now, Plasma Donor.........

Give 'til it hurts, then give some more....plasma grows back, you know....

hillbilly

Soap
July 16, 2003, 10:28 AM
You probably don't need it.

bogie
July 16, 2003, 11:38 AM
Do you smoke?

Quit. And you'll have a good excuse to bitch at everyone around you for a few days, and they'll actually be SUPPORTIVE.

Do you drink?

Ohmigawd... Cut back. Don't give up your Shiner, but hey, do you REALLY need to drink that whole six-pack?

Do you buy crap from vending machines at work? Don't. Put the money in your pocket, and drink iced tea or eat munchies you've brought from home...

While you're at it, don't eat as much, unless you're one of those ()*)(^*&%% skinny people.

Do you go for drives to "relax?" Go for a walk. $0.25/mile savings.

Are you planning on trading in your car for a newer/better/flashier car? Don't. $300/month will pay for a LOT of repairs.

10-Ring
July 16, 2003, 11:58 AM
Yeah, save up. The Kel Tecs aren't that expensive anyway...bogie has some good suggestions to help save some $$ for that new gun...maybe go used & save even more ;)

lee n. field
July 16, 2003, 12:12 PM
P.S. I already have one Makarov, and yes, I know you can never have too many of them, but right now I'm diversifying my assets.

Diversifying? Bulgarian, Russian commercial, Russian milsurp, East German, Miltex commercial Mak, Norinco. Did I miss any? :D

Jason Demond
July 16, 2003, 06:21 PM
Ohmigawd... Cut back. Don't give up your Shiner, but hey, do you REALLY need to drink that whole six-pack?

You can't even get Shiner in MI.:mad:

Zeke Menuar
July 16, 2003, 06:43 PM
I feel your pain. The job market here sucks. Been working on and off for the last year as a temp just to keep some kind of income coming in.

I invest in reloading components when I have the money. At least I can shoot the guns I already have.
Take a look at an FEG Hi-Power. If you are on a low budget it doesn't get much better than that.

ZM

spacemanspiff
July 16, 2003, 06:59 PM
is it really true that you can sell your other, umm, body fluids for a couple grand? (as the dialogue in 'way of the gun' indicated).

Standing Wolf
July 16, 2003, 08:08 PM
Hey, just do it the Democratic (sic) party way: steal some money from somebody.

matsaleh
July 16, 2003, 10:47 PM
Do you smoke?
No.
Do you drink?
No.
Do you buy crap from vending machines at work?
Rarely, and it's company subsidized at $0.25 per item.
While you're at it, don't eat as much, unless you're one of those ()*)(^*&%% skinny people.
Hmm... there's a thought. I'm 6'0" and 210lbs. Maybe I could stop eating my beloved feta cheese and Thai food. :(
Do you go for drives to "relax?"
No. I stay home and play computer games or write code.
Go for a walk. $0.25/mile savings.
Hmm... there's a thought. I'm 6'0" and 210lbs. Maybe I could stop playing computer games and burn off some pounds. :(
Are you planning on trading in your car for a newer/better/flashier car?
Hell, no. It's not paid for yet, but at 0%/3yrs on a 17K loan, I'm probably in the ball park. :p

Main point is... I can swing the price of a Kel-Tec. Is that the gun for someone in my monetary situation?

Or can't you guys see I'm asking for an EXCUSE HERE!!!! :neener:

Cheers!

If you enjoyed reading about "Jonesing and Broke" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!