E-mail notices won't desist

PDA

Mike
December 25, 2002, 08:56 AM
Good morning and Merry Chrismas!

I thought that I had disabled the function that sends an e-mail when there is a response to a post or thread, yet I'm still receiving them. Have I missed something when adjusting my preferences? You help in this matter is much appreciated!

If you enjoyed reading about "E-mail notices won't desist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve Smith
December 25, 2002, 09:56 AM
I'm afraid that the same is happening to me. I'm out of state, but the last time I logged onto that exchange server (where this email goes) it looked like I had a

Hkmp5sd
December 25, 2002, 10:16 AM
Go to the bottom of the User Control Panel and see if you have any Subscribed Threads. The default in user options was for email notification. If you replied to any posts before you switched that off, they may still be listed and you need to unsubscribed from. At least, that's what happened to me.

Derek Zeanah
December 25, 2002, 12:47 PM
hkmpksd is exactly right.

The "subscribe to threads by default" option or whatever it's called just checks the box below the text area on your reply screen that covers e-mail subscription. Once you subscribe, it gets annoying.

Now, you can change that setting after you've already subscribed and replied to 10 other topics, but you'll still get replies from those ten subscribed topics.

We're working on changing the default, but right now the only configuration setting I see is enabling/disabling the setting globally.

We're still working on it, though.

Mike
December 25, 2002, 03:05 PM
Thanks!

Steve Smith
December 25, 2002, 05:06 PM
Yup, every once in a while someone will post to a thread that I posted to before I switched it. I get a stray notification.

Derek Zeanah
December 25, 2002, 08:03 PM
You can view your subscribed threads and unsubscribe from them all in one click to turn off the feature.

I've set the default for new users to "off," so hopefully everyone will be happy with their settings soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "E-mail notices won't desist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!