TC Prohunter or Encore Accuracy

PDA

viking499
November 4, 2007, 01:41 PM
For those of you that shoot and hunt with the Prohunter or the Encore, how do they shoot and handle? Probably not a paper puncher, but do they get the job done?

Only interested in the rifle end. Not looking at the muzzle loader or shotgun.

If you enjoyed reading about "TC Prohunter or Encore Accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wanderinwalker
November 4, 2007, 09:28 PM
Well, my experience is one rifle and one barrel, but...

My 20" .45-70 Katahdin barrel (Prohunter) will shoot 3-shots under 2" from 100 yards. That's using the peep sights it came with, not a scope. Easily plenty capable. I hear and read rumors of good accuracy from the higher-intensity rounds as well, with reports of 1.5" and better accuracy common.

Now, be careful about heat and recoil with the Prohunter forend. Mine needs to go back to get replaced, as the screw-holes have oblonged laterally and the rear pillar has started to degrade and collapse. Needless to say, accuracy has gone to heck if I torque the thing down. Let it free-float loose, and it shoots like it should again, but then rattles back and forth. Oye! :fire: Oh, and this is after only about 150 rounds! :banghead:

Don't get me wrong, I really like TCs product and love. But I am glad they have such good customer service, as this is not the first time I've had an issue with my Encore. (1st issue was a too-short front sight on my muzzleloader barrel.)

If you enjoyed reading about "TC Prohunter or Encore Accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!