need some help with 243

PDA

theboondocksaints22
November 5, 2007, 04:02 AM
i am steping down from a 7mm mag to some thing with less recoil . i am having a lot of trouble with my rotater cuff i am looking at a 243 or a 7mm-08 what are the ups and downs

If you enjoyed reading about "need some help with 243" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rangerruck
November 5, 2007, 04:43 AM
243 is very schwing!!!! you can get factory remmy 80 grners, for some long distance varmint work, and then get some 100 grain power point, or korelokt, or step up to some swift scirrocco's or winny silvertips, and any deer you hit with it, wont know what hit them.
ther 243 has better b.c. and s.d. than the 7.08, though it is not bad, but at 140 grains, I do not see the big jump in gains, plus you have much more recoil. Both are mule deer and less, type carts anyway. Allthough if in a pinch, you could proly do a black bear with the 7.08, whereas you would really have to load one up with 243 to drop it.

theboondocksaints22
November 5, 2007, 05:02 AM
i am hunting the swamp with this deer and maybe a hog

trstafford
November 5, 2007, 09:40 PM
try one of these

http://cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=15

cat_IT_guy
November 5, 2007, 10:19 PM
.30-30 isnt too much of a step down, but a nice lever gun would be very handy in the swamp and is plenty of power for the generally smaller deer in the south. MAybe .44mag lever gun, but I dont know how the recoil would compare (less than the 7mm, Im sure, but not by how much).

If you enjoyed reading about "need some help with 243" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!