Mauser parts

PDA

Gunner4h1r3
November 5, 2007, 09:00 AM
My friend has a turkish mauser but he needs a complete bolt assembly as the previous one was damaged. where can one find such a part? i was thinking brownell's or something similar.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dstorm1911
November 5, 2007, 10:13 AM
It will depend on exactly which Model of Turkish mauser as there are two different bolts, and then if he plans on shooting it there will be the matter of headspace etc...

It will use a standard bolt for either a 93 pattern or a 98 pattern (cock on opening or cock on closing, standard length or intermediate length etc...) once the model of rifle is determined

start here

http://www.turkmauser.com/

he will then have to order a bolt and will also need a headspace gauge set or will need to have a smith check it for proper headspace, the bolt ya won't find at Brownells (military surplus part) but the gauge set ya will the bolt will need to be bought from a used milsurp dealer like Don at Omega weapons, Apex gun parts, Numerich, Tennessee gun part, Springfield sporters etc... as mentioned it will be a standard mauser military bolt.....

Smokey Joe
November 5, 2007, 10:13 AM
is Numrich Arms, www.e-gunparts.com

Vaarok
November 5, 2007, 10:17 AM
No, actually it might need any one of three bolt types. There's 1893 Turkish Mausers, 1903 intermediate-action Turkish Mausers, and '98 action Turkish Mausers.

The best bet is either Springfield Sporters or TN Gunparts, Numrich charges an arm and a leg.

And if I remember right, the 1893 Turks won't accept just any standard '93 bolt, because they have a full-length guide rail, and the bolt needs a groove in the lug for it. You'd need a Chilean bolt.

The 1903 actions can use a Yugo, Turk (plum shaped bolt knob), or FN bolt.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser parts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!