Silencer 10/22

PDA

Sgt.Dusk
November 6, 2007, 03:42 AM
***!
I was shooting Lapua subsonics with ruger 10/22 w/silencer
yesterday.
Then I changed ammunition to standard velocity federals and
my shots went 30centimeters lower. How can that be???

Distance to target was ~40meters

If you enjoyed reading about "Silencer 10/22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
November 6, 2007, 08:38 AM
.22 are notorious for being picky.

Same make and model with consecutive serial numbers will have distinct ammunition favorites. Find out what yours likes and buy a bunch.

Good shooting.:)

Sgt.Dusk
November 6, 2007, 08:45 AM
Picky. Maybe, but I still cant figure out how a faster bullet drops that much.

El Tejon
November 6, 2007, 09:23 AM
What are the "ballistic tables" for the two rounds.

Fatelvis
November 6, 2007, 09:39 AM
Everytime I read a thread like this, I get jealous. In my lousy state of Illinois, I don't think a silencer was EVER legal! I gotta get outta here!

M60
November 6, 2007, 01:07 PM
I just picked up my "can" from my dealer and have had only enough time to put about 7 rounds thru it. It's an SWR Warlock and the first thing I noticed is that the "click clack" that I used to hear, now sounds like "CLICK CLACK!!!". When I put my thumb on the charging handle to hold it closed it's amazingly quiet. I haven't even had the oppertunity to zero the thing. I bought a brick of Rem Subsonics and some CCI Standard Velocity to try out. I am jonesin' so bad to go shooting... Stupid work...

I'll let you know when I get it zeroed with the subs if I have the same issue with the high vel. ammo.

Mark.

DoubleTapDrew
November 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
Do you have a bolt buffer yet M60? That seems to quiet down the clacking.
I'm trying to decide between a SWR warlock or AAC pilot for my 10/22.
If you want to really frustrate a 10/22 shooter load up his mag with 3 different kinds of ammo for him before sighting it in. :)

P-32
November 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
Barrel time may be the difference. While there is not much recoil in a 22, there might be enough to have the faster bullet exit with barrel lower. This was proven to me with a S&W 17 357. 38's would hit higher due to barrel time over 357's.

M60
November 6, 2007, 06:50 PM
Do you have a bolt buffer yet M60? That seems to quiet down the clacking.
I'm trying to decide between a SWR warlock or AAC pilot for my 10/22.
If you want to really frustrate a 10/22 shooter load up his mag with 3 different kinds of ammo for him before sighting it in.

I have one on order as we speak.

Mark.

jay43
November 6, 2007, 08:31 PM
Whats a centimeter? is that one of those bugs with all those legs

KI.W.
November 7, 2007, 01:30 PM
Maybe the silencer was loosing on the theard? Do You shoot again with the silencer? Was the gun falling down. I mean if to silencer was not in the right line. My language is in the wrong way. Yours silencer made by Parker Hale?

ShunZu
November 7, 2007, 01:53 PM
Must be nice to be able to shoot quietly and politely.

Everytime I read a thread like this, I get jealous. In my lousy state of Illinois, I don't think a silencer was EVER legal! I gotta get outta here!

+1.

If you enjoyed reading about "Silencer 10/22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!