Winchester Model 74 questions

PDA

MaterDei
November 6, 2007, 11:03 AM
My local gun store has a used Winchester Model 74 (22LR) that is in very good condition. They want $249. I have a few questions.

1. What are your opinions of this little rifle? I tried to do a search but the search feature doesn't seem to be working. Are they accurate and reliable?

2. Is this a reasonable price? I did a gunbroker search and it seems to be competitive. fwiw, the serial number indicates a 1948 manufacture date.

Thanks,

Michael

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 74 questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
davera
November 6, 2007, 12:03 PM
Not too bad a price - extrapolating from my outdated Gun Trader's Guide. If I had that amount of money burning a hole in my pocket and came across one - I'd have it in a heartbeat. But I have lately taken an interest in collecting "affordable" Winchesters ... of course a subset of collectible Winchesters.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester Model 74 questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!