Gunstores in Phoenix

PDA

Slater
July 16, 2003, 05:44 PM
Don't get to browse the gun stores as often as I'd like to, but "Lone Wolf" (on Peoria) usually has some decent prices. Anyone else have any suggestion for good gun stores in the Phoenix area?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunstores in Phoenix" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Silver Bullet
July 16, 2003, 06:56 PM
Lone Wolf does have good prices.

Bear Arms (10269 N. Scottsdale Rd.) over in Scottsdale has an excellent selection, including rifles.

Snake Eyes
July 16, 2003, 07:07 PM
Second the vote for Bear Arms. I've done a fair bit of business with them and they are always more than fair. The only thing I don't like about them is I've gotten a little flak about having them bring in guns I've bought over the internet.

The shop I'm using the most right now is Legendary Guns on 19th Ave just north of Camelback. What a great shop that is! The have a TON of cowboy guns, if you're into that, and lots of other good stuff too. Probably the largest and most knowledgeable staff of any gun store I've ever been in. Every one there has a specialty and there's always 4 or 5 guys working. They have a gunsmith on premises as well.

Lone Wolf never impressed me. I guess if you want to buy cheap combat tupperware and know exactly what you want, they'd be OK. I thought their prices on Evil Black Rifles was WAY out of line.

mephisto
July 16, 2003, 07:10 PM
Lone Wolf is a nice store as is Bear Arms. I like MG Kelly’s up off 19 Ave and cactus. There is a pawnshop out in Peoria that has some real steals. It’s by the Home Depot off the 101 and Peoria. AZ sportsman has some good deals on occasion. There are a ton of small gunstores around. The best place I have found to buy guns is gunsamerica.com. I just do a state search and I look around for a good deal. I bought 2 Enfield .303 for $300; A No.1 MKIII that looks like it was a dress gun and a No. 4 MKII still in a wrapper. Oh and if you have some time and want a little drive J&G up in the presscott area.

Silver Bullet
July 16, 2003, 09:14 PM
Another place for good selection and sometimes good prices is, of course, the gun show, and Phoenix has one about every month.

http://www.asrpa.com/gunshows.htm

You just have to be willing to look through a lot of chaff to find the wheat, and be able to survive the crowds.

bpisler
July 16, 2003, 09:32 PM
Here's a few i go to,The mesa gunshop in mesa,Pistol palour in mesa,Randals in glendale,Outdoorsman in phoenix ( great selection of optics),long wolf in peoria.I general stay away from the sportsman for firearms,way overpriced i think but i do buy reloading stuff from them.The best thing to do is breakout the yellow pages and take a look.

KC
July 16, 2003, 09:36 PM
Since we are on the subject, does anyone have experience with "Yuma Historical Firearms And Collectibles"?

KC

blades67
July 17, 2003, 01:00 AM
Pistol Parlour, Legendary Guns, Bear Arms, Bear Mountain and pawn shops are all good places to find good deals.

VictorLouis
July 17, 2003, 02:29 AM
that's about all that I can say for them. There's NO customer service, save for the young lady they have in their employ. I'd steal her away if I owned a gun-shop. Randall's down the road a spell is the better store, by a long shot.;)

Outdoorsmans is simply OUTSTANDING in customer service and pricing, but with usally scant selection. However, if you want high-end optics, THEY are the ones to see. Bear Arms is one of my all time favorites, combining really good service, with good prices and great selection. Legendary Guns is right on their heels, with the aforementioned bent toward the SASS/CAS crowd. Mesa gunshop in downtown Mesa has become a 'must-stop' when I'm over in that end of town.

gunsmith
July 17, 2003, 03:00 AM
Could you guys arrange an annexation of CA for me?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunstores in Phoenix" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!