Parts washers for Milsurp fanatics??

PDA

phantomak47
November 6, 2007, 08:57 PM
Got the C & R license a few weeks ago and plan on doing some ordering in the near future. I am not new to milsurps, I have an SKS and 91/31 so I have worked on cosmoline removal before.

How come I read so little about Milsurpers using parts washers? There is a solution that eliminates flash rust, so wouldnt one of these be perfect for cleaning milsurps?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_419465_419465

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts washers for Milsurp fanatics??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
12Bravo20
November 6, 2007, 09:02 PM
Yes parts washers work good, you just have to lube the firearms right away after cleaning. I used to use parts washers all the time while in the service.

Shell Shucker
November 6, 2007, 09:17 PM
I use my Buddie's (auto mechanic) parts washer all the time. I clean the parts, rinse with HOT water, blow dry with an air hose, re lube with spray Rem-Oil, and blow/wipe off the excess lube. Works great!

If you enjoyed reading about "Parts washers for Milsurp fanatics??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!