aftermarket sights for 870 barrel

PDA

The Deer Hunter
November 8, 2007, 06:48 PM
So I bought a 20" express barrel with rifle sights for my 870 for slugs and general beatin' around the woods use and what have you. Now the sights are fine, they line right up and are good for close up work, but at 50 yards(same distance at which I sighted it in for slugs) the front sight is almost too big.

So I was wondering, does anyone make and aftermarket sight that has a narrower front sight and possibly in fiber optic? It doesn't really need to be both front and back sights, so I'm open to any suggestions. How hard would this be to replace? I'm sure I can do it, as it seems just to be a dovetail at the front and the same for the rear.

Thanks in advance!

PS: It seems to shoot fine with slugs and birdshot alike ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "aftermarket sights for 870 barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MAX100
November 8, 2007, 08:07 PM
Try the Williams Universal Slugger Fire Sights or the Shotgun Fire Sights.

Brownells

Item# 962-000-014AA & 962-000-023AA

GC

The Deer Hunter
November 8, 2007, 08:46 PM
While I greatly appreciate the help, I already have the factory rifle sights on my barrel already. But I will look around on Brownells.

MAX100
November 9, 2007, 12:02 AM
Well you said you wanted a narrow front sight. The Williams sights I suggested have a very narrow front sight. How narrow do you want. You will not find any that are more narrow than those.

Good luck on your Quest.

GC

Gordon
November 9, 2007, 12:43 AM
The Williams fiber optic front sight for me has NOT held up. For a really nice set of sights on that Rifle sighted Rem get the 24/7 XS EXPRESS sight set with the Smaller front dot.They fit on your bases so they are going anywhere! Put some locktite on them (green wicking type) after you sight them in. IMHO they are BETTER than a ghost ring !

http://www.xssights.com/store/shotgun.html

If you enjoyed reading about "aftermarket sights for 870 barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!