ar15

PDA

oklahoma caveman
November 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
iv been wantn 1 for a while now. id welcome any opinions on brand etc, and also anybodys opinion on accuracy etc

If you enjoyed reading about "ar15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
November 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
This has been discussed a billion times.

What are you looking to use the rifle for? Plinking, hunting, Homeland Defense, 3 Gun, etc? Your intended uses will help narrow the field.

oklahoma caveman
November 9, 2007, 10:05 PM
sry im new to this site an hadn found what i was lookin for. id like to use it for hunting. maybe not in the 223 but in one of the larger caliber uppers

f4t9r
November 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
lots of good ones out there and most are very accurate. I enjoy a RRA and a Colt. Do a search or visit ar15.com and you will get all the info you want

Jimmie
November 9, 2007, 10:46 PM
Holy crap, this is a web board, not a cell phone.

possum
November 10, 2007, 03:20 PM
i have owned 2 bushmasters and i love them, i had an a2 and currently have an a3 m4gery. they are great shooters and reliable i have nothing negative to say about them and i would buy more in a heartbeat. with that said stag is nice as well, as well as rock river arms.

RockyMtnTactical
November 10, 2007, 03:30 PM
Stag Arms is one of my favorites.

Oohrah
November 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
Just got a Bushy last week (A4, Carbine type with HB barrel) waiting
for an offset part or a laser device to sight in a handle scope and a
second scope that can be used with the carry handle removed.:D

oklahoma caveman
November 11, 2007, 10:15 PM
the bushmaster is about the cheapest priced ar on the market isnt it? id like to know how they shoot. if there is any comparable difference in accuracy to the colt, s&w, dpms etc. as that is my first choice simply due to the price

Hunter0924
November 11, 2007, 10:17 PM
Colt gets my vote. They are very well made rifles using quality materials and well worth the money.

Eightball
November 12, 2007, 12:40 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/search.php?searchid=3136057

There are 302 pages worth of threads, most of which include AR15 in the title.

The search function in the top-most green band of the website can help you find answers and avoid unnecessary ridicule from various THR members, and can help you refine your ideas of what you need. Searching for Rock River Arms, Armalite, Colt, and DPMS, plus the words "AR15" in the search field should turn up all the information a brain can handle about opinions and accuracy of the various brands.

fmnnc
November 12, 2007, 09:46 AM
Consider building your own. It is not hard and there is a great deal of information on the web to take you through the process. Start with http://www.ar15.com/content/index.html#guides to get an idea of what is involved. Visit other wewbsites like Rock River Arms to get ideas for different configurations. There are many others as well.

You can start with the lower receiver and go from there, taking your time and building it to you wants and needs is very satisfying. You can do a modular build or one that has you assemble every pin, spring, and part individually (what I did). I used alot of DPMS parts for the lower and upper. A Bushmaster barrel was selected along with their handguard (M4gery).

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask. A search of the forum will bring up information already posted as well but if you don't understand, ask. Alot of us have been where you are. We'll get you through it!

Walkalong
November 12, 2007, 11:38 AM
I had a Bushmaster and it was a nice weapon. I gave it to my nephew when he got out of the Marines. I recently ordered an RRA after having been without one for almost a year. Just a plain jane A2 (http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1293X&storeid=1&image=cara2407.gif&CFID=4791190&CFTOKEN=45509245) with the only upgrades being an aluminum free float tube and SS barrel with the Wylde chamber. :)

I would like to get a 6.8 SPC upper for it later on.

If you enjoyed reading about "ar15" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!