Price for 1959 Model 94 Winchester in 30-30

PDA

orygunmike
November 9, 2007, 01:42 PM
I am not knowledgeable on valuation of these rifles and would appreciate some help..

There is a local guy selling this rifle, so I do have the opportunity to see it before purchase. The pictures I have seen look fairly good.

He describes the rifle as, "in good condition. Has wear, but not dinged up and functions well."

He is asking $450.

I will appreciate feedback and counsel on this rifle.

much thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Price for 1959 Model 94 Winchester in 30-30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Polishrifleman
November 9, 2007, 01:54 PM
I personally think he is asking too much. Just a year ago you could pick up a 94 for under $250 bucks. Even though they stopped the manufacture and even though this is a pre 64 (yes they did modifications to the 94 as well as the 70) there is still a lot of inventory out there. Hit the pawn shops keep your eyes open on the websites, if you are planning on shooting it and hunting with it you might consider a newer model with the angle eject so you can mount some optics.

Here are a couple on TFL The second one is NIB for $400 bucks newer model but still NIB:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267775

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267580

There are plenty on Auction Arms too, looks like the current going rate for a used one is about $100 bucks less than what you are being offered.

Good luck.

eliphalet
November 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
Pre 64 will bring more than a post 64. As far as price much can depend on condition and particular model, does it have a saddle ring? etc. Doing a search of sold guns that are comparable on the auction sites will give you a better idea. Might be high could be a good price.

Cocked & Locked
November 9, 2007, 03:55 PM
Just a year ago you could pick up a 94 for under $250 bucks.

you are right...but, as you said, that was a year ago.

plexreticle
November 9, 2007, 03:59 PM
I haven't priced them lately but I would guess $450 would be about right for a Pre 64.

db_tanker
November 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
put your eyes on it first...some dings and wear for one might mean rode around in the back of a '74 ford pickup and used as a lever for some stuff....

351 WINCHESTER
November 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
Winchester made about 7 million 94's as I recall. Even pre 64's are very common. One nib with all the papers could fetch a hefty price. 94's per say aren't that collectable, but that could change.

cortez kid
November 9, 2007, 09:36 PM
Wow. I gotta move out of Pa. Over here any old Winchester is bringing $800 plus. Mostly plus. $1300 is about what I'm seeing. I'm not all that up to speed on them, but they seem to be run of the mill jobs. Mostly 30-30. This is for mediocre condition. Scratched stocks and in silver, blueing. To be honest, I don't think I could pass on any Winnie for $450.
kid

TimboKhan
November 9, 2007, 09:42 PM
I have no intention of selling my pre-64 94, but I have been offered $800.00 for it. Mine is in fantastical shape, and was probably made somewhere around 55 or 56. It was the first rifle my Dad ever bought, now it's mine.

Oohrah
November 10, 2007, 01:13 AM
A fair price if the condition is near new. Along with the 94,
the Model 70s are climbing faster than prices are being printed
Own two pre- 64 M.74s and one about 1970. Some value lost on
the first two as a butt pad added to one, and one professionally
refinished to new. A true collector probably be interested in either,
but it appears they have gone from common to never again to be made.
Collector value or not, they are special in my mind's eye!

bfriskey
April 25, 2009, 12:32 PM
I have a set of Winchester NRA Centennial Musket and 94 with consecutive serial numbers that I think are worth much more than I see them selling for. I guess I should just wait to sell them? Neither has ever been fired but I do not have the packaging. Perfect condition….Wait, or am I looking in the wrong places?
Just found an add for a similar set( has the packing) selling for 1200 @Guns America!! That's sounds fair for the set.. I'm a little like kyle1974 can't decide if I want the money to buy something else or the guns???????

kyle1974
April 25, 2009, 12:58 PM
pre 64's have been going for over $400 for years now...

I came across a really good deal on one at a pawn shop for $200, and sold it two weeks later at a gun show foir $425...that was 12 years ago.

I wish I had the gun instead of the $425 though

If you enjoyed reading about "Price for 1959 Model 94 Winchester in 30-30" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!