New again shooter gun help.

PDA

trackaddict88
November 9, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hi all, great site. I've been doing a lot of reading here but I thought I would ask and be done with it. Just getting back into shooting and am going to rent a G17, G19, and G22 to get a feel for 9mm vs. 40 sw vs. compact 9mm. I have not shot a pistol much since I was a kid but did go with my brother and shoot a few of his without embarrassing myself.:)
My question is Glock, S&W M&P, or Springfield XD and why. They are all in about the right price range but I'm not stuck on them although I'm partial to the Smith and XD after having held all 3.
Probably won't go compact as I have big hands but grip extensions are available for the glock and XD so...opinions? Thanks all, Steve.

If you enjoyed reading about "New again shooter gun help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trackaddict88
November 9, 2007, 10:23 PM
Oh, I am going to use the gun for home defense and self defense in the woods and as a car gun when traveling but probably not trying to conceal while walking around. If that becomes a need I could always get another, right?:D

tnieto2004
November 9, 2007, 10:32 PM
I have a Glock 17 and a Springfield CD 4" barrel both in 9mm .. I shoot the Springfield a lot more than the glock .. just my $.02

The Lone Haranguer
November 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
I call the M&P a "better-feeling Glock." ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "New again shooter gun help." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!