Round nose or Spire Point

PDA

lencac
November 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
I have a cherry Inland M1 Carbine that I reload for. I have always used the
.308, 110 gr. RN carbine bullets in it and they work pretty well as the pictured target @100 yrds. off the bench shows. But being as I am most always looking for a slight more of an edge when shooting with my friends for bragging rights I was wondering. I see several manufactures make .308, 110 gr. bullets with spire point type nose, specifically the Hornady A-Max. So my question is, does anyone have any experience trying this combo in a M1 carbine and if so what were the results? The goal is to see if I can get this thing to shoot simular groups at 200 yrds.

If you enjoyed reading about "Round nose or Spire Point" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ol` Joe
November 10, 2007, 01:51 PM
If you canget the bullet seated to max COL and have the ogive of the bullet still out of the case mouth I don`t see why one couldn`t load pointed bullets in the 30.
I have a feelig they won`t though...........might be wrong:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Round nose or Spire Point" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!