My town has a new Friends of the NRA committee. Guess who the chairman is?

PDA

El Rojo
July 17, 2003, 11:16 AM
The Central California Field Rep, Daryl Amble, wants to organize a Friends of the NRA committee in the little town of Taft. I went to the meeting and somehow ended up leaving as the chairman of the committee. Wow! That is a little crazy considering I was the youngest guy there. I am really excited about this thing. This is a really conservative town and area and if we have a fund raising banquet, it would be the only banquet like that in this town. I think we might do rather well. We already have a junior pheasant hunt that can be our little pet project that we put in a grant for and I would like to eventually see some sort of youth rifle program get started. I think this will be a great opportunity to raise some money for youth programs and also a great opportunity to do some membership drives for the NRA and the CRPA at our local event. Well it is a big responsibility, but I am up for the challenge. Wish me luck. I will keep you updated and don't be surprised if I ask for advice on here.

And I expect all of you Kern County THR members to buy a ticket or two from me too! ;) The drive to Taft isn't that bad.

If you enjoyed reading about "My town has a new Friends of the NRA committee. Guess who the chairman is?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mussi
July 17, 2003, 01:15 PM
It's always the young folks that take over power.

Maybe ************ will get a tad better soon.

moa
July 17, 2003, 01:29 PM
How about sponsoring some shooting competitions and firearms raffles to raise money for a political war chest? Our state rifle & pistol club apparently do pretty well raising money via raffles.

Mike Irwin
July 17, 2003, 01:51 PM
Uh...

Sarah Brady?

No?

Dianne Feinstein?

No...

Hillary?

:)

SodaPop
July 17, 2003, 04:09 PM
Give it all ya got.:cool:

4v50 Gary
July 17, 2003, 04:18 PM
Congratulations El Rojo. Now, where's Taft? I know where Lake Havesu is as well as Eureka, but Taft?

RANash
July 17, 2003, 04:19 PM
Congrats, Rojo!

Do you live in Taft? I love that area! I lived in Bakersfield for 4 years and rode motorcycles with several folks from Taft on a regular basis. I especially loved riding out through Maricopa and west on 166. Also, out on Soda Lake Road. I wish I could make a living there. I'd move back! I'd join your group in a heartbeat!

Larry Ashcraft
July 17, 2003, 05:17 PM
Get ready for a lot of work! Our Friends chairman starts early on the banquet and hits up all the "gun-friendly" businesses (such as mine) for donations. Our banquet is a huge event, raising around $20K for scholarship funds.

I don't think I've ever won anything at the banquets, but I always buy a corporate table, and end up buying some stuff at the auctions.

If you enjoyed reading about "My town has a new Friends of the NRA committee. Guess who the chairman is?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!