Where to buy longer barrel for Win. 1300 20ga?

PDA

SteelyNirvana
November 11, 2007, 04:23 PM
My father in-lawe is looking for a longer barrel or barrel extension for his Winchester model 1300 in 20ga. It currently has a 28" on it but he is looking for something a bit longer for Turkey shoots. I tried searching a bit myself, but could'nt come up with anything.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to buy longer barrel for Win. 1300 20ga?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
speedydave
November 11, 2007, 05:33 PM
The winchester pumps are out of production. You will have to try to find a barrel second hand somewhere.

Did they make a barrel longer than 28"?

I have the same dilemma, I have a 1300 with a 26" and I want a 18-20" barrel. They seem to be getting scarce.

Milkmaster
November 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
I see a lot of the used 1300's in gun stores that are priced pretty reasonable. You can buy a used 1300 as cheap as a new replacement barrel. I'd buy one used and either use it or use the barrel off it. The 1300 is a great pump. I personally prefer it to the 870. Let me know if you get tired of your 20ga with the 28" barrel.

SteelyNirvana
November 12, 2007, 04:30 PM
I think he is looking for a 30" + barrel or one of those barrel extensions that you screw in place of the choke. I suggested that he use a turkey choke, but he still wants a longer barrel. This is for Turkey shoots. (Shoot at a paper target, if your the one with a pellet closest to the center, you win a turkey.

Milkmaster
November 12, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yes he is looking for the 30"+ barrel. He may indeed find it in a used 1300. If he doesn't, he can opt for one of these (see pic). I have one of the invector extensions for trap that I like a lot. I ordered mine with w/a different choke dimension than they normally come and it did not cost me any extra. They may also make an extension if you ask. Just an option like briancraig81 mentioned.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to buy longer barrel for Win. 1300 20ga?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!