Blame it on Steve (Redux)

PDA

Striker
November 11, 2007, 08:24 PM
Since joining the ranks of THR, I've been "learned" by the wisdom, information, and general ramblings of many of the high post regulars and moderators. (Hell, I even convinced Dave to meet with me a few times at PG).

Well for quite the a while, one such august member has regaled all who would listen (and some who wont) about the virtues of the 28 guage. To hear tell it was perfection personified.

Sooooo......there I was at my local shooting emporium yesterday (the same such location of my last aquisition a 20 gauge 870, after reading about it from that wise old sage) when I see a new addition in the rack. Hmmmm what might that be thinks I? Turns out to be one of the the Charles Daly Turkish autos which seem to abounding of late, with super fancy wood, 26" bbl, extended chokes and in 28 gaugge! It was 51/2 pounds of quick mounting, perfect pointing love at first sight.

Well, to put a fine point on the story, it followed me home. I planned to wring it out before posting, but all of the local stores were berift of any 28 gauge fodder. So it will be a week or two before I can get to it. Oh well....

But in closing I wanted to thank Steve again (really!), I couldn't have done it without him.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Blame it on Steve (Redux)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
November 11, 2007, 08:29 PM
Focus on the target, see a lead, slap trigger, keep pulling through.
Take one target at time...

Congrats!

I done it again! *evil grin*

Dave McCracken
November 11, 2007, 10:40 PM
I like Happy Beginnings. Feel free to join me at PGC again, with or without your 28 gauge.....

Striker
November 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
Dave,

Just back in DC area sans .28 gauge, but do have a Citori with me. You going to be AT PG this Friday?

Dave McCracken
November 13, 2007, 11:14 AM
Yes!! I'll be there with the Geezers around 10:30.

See ya....

If you enjoyed reading about "Blame it on Steve (Redux)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!