Just got back form the pawn shop 870 Magnum

PDA

speedydave
November 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
They had an 870 Magnum, it was stamped "Special Purpose" on one side. It had a 30" barrel. The barrel said 2 3/4" or 3".

I think it was a wingmaster.

It was in pretty good shape and only $159.

I am looking for a new HD type gun, so I would have to get a barrel, mag ext, and stock. etc....

Is the Magnum Special Purpose (wingmaster) more desirable or less than any others? It did have a steel (or metal) trigger guard.

Would I be better off just buying a 870 express 7 shot? or would I have a better gun if I buy this gun and build it up into a 7 shot HD style gun?

thanks,
Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got back form the pawn shop 870 Magnum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
evbutler462
November 12, 2007, 03:32 PM
Keep it and enjoy! It is a bit heavier than the non-magnum gun. Ain't nothing that would turn me off from a magnum model except the weight.

Starter52
November 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
$159 is a steal for that gun.

Use it as a base to build your own, if you want. You can easily find HD parts for an 870. You should not have any trouble selling that 30" barrel this time of year.

Dave McCracken
November 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
Buy it....

farscott
November 13, 2007, 08:39 AM
I have one of the older parkerized "Special Purpose" 870s, and it is one of my favorites. I second the suggestion to buy it. $159 is a great price.

speedydave
November 13, 2007, 09:14 AM
I don't think I mentioned it before, but it is the parkerized, matte finish. Is it still a wingmaster?

thanks,
Dave

farscott
November 13, 2007, 11:42 AM
It basically is a Wingmaster that has a parkerized finish and oil-finished wood for foul-weather usage. Very nice shotgun that is a lot like an 870P. Mine ran me $300, and it is worth every penny of it. Mine came with a 26-inch Rem-Choked barrel, and I stuck a MOD tube in it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just got back form the pawn shop 870 Magnum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!