Wingmaster Feeding Problem

PDA

mugs79
November 12, 2007, 09:21 PM
Alright guys, I'm not terribly knowledgeable when it comes to firearms, so please bare with me. A good friend of mine has a Wingmaster with a 3 inch chamber. When firing 2 3/4 inch shells, they don't usually feed correctly. When they get pushed into firing position, the front of the shell doesn't line up quite right, and it gets caught on one side or another. I'd say 1 out of 4 or 5 feeds correctly, the rest all have this same problem.

Never had a problem with 3 inch shells.

He's tried breaking everything down and cleaning and lubing everything. As far as I know he hasn't polished everything with steel wool and a drill, which I see suggested a lot, so I'm going to suggest he try that. Any other ideas? On a college student budget, so a gun smith is a last resort. Does anybody have any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Wingmaster Feeding Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Pete409
November 12, 2007, 09:41 PM
"Does anybody have any suggestions?"

He may not be working the slide fast enough or hard enough. Most pump action guns actually work better when you work the slide "firmly". Don't baby it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wingmaster Feeding Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!