Sig Guys! SA/DA or DAK?

PDA

KelTecian
November 15, 2007, 11:24 AM
Tell me what you like or dislike about both....and....GO!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Guys! SA/DA or DAK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Daemon688
November 15, 2007, 06:42 PM
If you like the same trigger pull everytime, then the only way to go is DAK. Smooth as butter and breaks like a glass rod.

biscuitninja
November 15, 2007, 06:46 PM
DAK... but its not exacly a cheap option....
-bix

CrawdaddyJim
November 15, 2007, 06:48 PM
Both types when done by Sig are exceptional right out of the box.

It is a matter of personal preference for me and being a luddite when it comes to guns. I choose sa/da over the dak. Both are nice and smooth.

Spyvie
November 15, 2007, 06:58 PM
Forgive the dumb question: What's DAK?

Chris B
November 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
Double Action Kellerman IIRC

It's a lightened and smoothened DA only trigger. Sort of like Para's LDA and HK's LEM triggers.

hrgrisso
November 15, 2007, 07:09 PM
DA/SA. No one does it better out the box than Sig!

Floppy_D
November 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
DA/SA for me. Gotta practice with it plenty, since the difference in the pull will make a difference in your shooting. Don't spoil yourself and shoot SA only at the range... it will only make your DA shooting suffer.

wally
November 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
SIG P220R SAO for me!

I hate DA/SA guns and quit buying them years ago.

--wally.

jakeswensonmt
November 15, 2007, 09:15 PM
The DA/SA. Sure, that first pull is a different, but it's also your safety. After that, the SA trigger is so fine, makes it easy to utilize the incredible accuracy of the SIG.

LoadedDrum
November 15, 2007, 09:20 PM
I prefer the feel of the DAK, although the SIG looks better with the decocker IMHO.

Autolycus
November 16, 2007, 12:31 AM
I have a DA/SA Sig P228 which is very nice. It is a great trigger. For carry I prefer the a DAO though.

strambo
November 16, 2007, 01:05 AM
DA/SA...preferably with a trigger job. I'm savin' my nickels to send mine to Grayguns someday.

grimjaw
November 16, 2007, 01:22 AM
DAK. I'm too spoiled on consistency now with Glock/Kahr triggers, or even Hi-Powers.

jm

Autolycus
November 16, 2007, 01:25 AM
I like the DAK and am thinking of getting a 226 in DAK. Its just confusing but I really love my 228. The more I read this thread, the more confused I am getting.

Jimmy Newman
November 16, 2007, 02:18 AM
For my personal use, I like DA/SA all the way... every pistol I have that has DA/SA as an option is DA/SA. :)

gravis86
November 16, 2007, 02:57 AM
What do I like about the DAK trigger? It has two reset points. A full-length reset with a 6.5 lb pull, and a half-length reset with a 8 lb pull. I personally like the shorter, crisper, 8 lb pull.

TCW
November 16, 2007, 03:05 AM
DA/SA.

Long first pull = safer

As an option, you can cock the hammer for all SA.

Black Majik
November 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
DA/SA. It's really hard to beat the single action trigger. I even enjoy the DA pull, it's shorter travel than other platforms such as HK's USP and Beretta's 92FS. All in all the SIG DA/SA is quite excellent.

Samuraigg
November 16, 2007, 01:56 PM
DA/SA here.

D-Man
November 16, 2007, 02:04 PM
A good smooth DA pull like on my P228 is very enjoyable. Then again, I also have a P226 that the DA is horrid (it's being sent out for trigger work).

I have been able to try the DAK at a store, and it felt weird to me. Maybe in actual shooting it might have been better.

zeroskillz
November 16, 2007, 04:54 PM
I prefer the DA/SA over the DAK option..
I will say that I'm looking forward to my shipment of P250's coming in the next week that have a lighter DAO pull than the DAK trigger system. (I'm a Sig Dealer)

DAK... but its not exacly a cheap option....
-bix
Actually it is--DAK adds $20 to the purchase price of a gun if ordered from Sig that way.

HTH
-Ted

varoadking
November 16, 2007, 07:12 PM
DAK adds $20 to the purchase price of a gun if ordered from Sig that way.

I didn't research the entire line, but in the P220 Carry platform, there is no difference at all.

DA/SA. No one does it better out the box than Sig!

SiG's standard DA/SA action has far too long a reset to be placed in this class. The SIG Elite Series is great...almost as good as a Smith & Wesson DA/SA...

KBintheSLC
November 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
I have a DA/SA on my P239, but I would not mind having one with a DAK. The issue is that the first pull on the DA/SA is very heavy (10 lbs-ish) then the rest are very light (4.5 lbs-ish). This can throw off your accuracy in a very stressful situation. You might pull to hard on your follow-up shots. Nonetheless, I am used to it and it is second nature now so I am not too concerned. On the other hand the 7 lb pull of the DAK may be a bit heavy... those 4.5 lb SA shots sure are nice...
In the end, it's hard to beat a Sig trigger system in auto handguns. Either one you choose will make you happy. Just decide what your needs are and go from there.

don95sml
November 16, 2007, 08:01 PM
The DA/SA. Sure, that first pull is a different, but it's also your safety. After that, the SA trigger is so fine, makes it easy to utilize the incredible accuracy of the SIG.
Agreed. In a real defensive situation I would prefer to have that heavy trigger pull for the first shot because under stress it will tend to prevent unintentional discharge.

Lonestar49
November 16, 2007, 08:43 PM

Went to the range today, took my Sig P220 R DA/SA.. put another flawless 100 rounds downrange, that makes 825 rounds @ 100%..

But, young man in the next lane and his cute girlfriend were shooting what I thought was a P220 also, except I noticed the barely visible hammer, so I asked him if it was a DAK.. He said yep, and asked me if I would like to shoot it.. :)

It turned out, in size, it looks almost identical to a P220, but it was a P226 DAK 40cal, and as mentioned above, at 6.5lbs, it was smooth as butter and broke like ice..

Personally, it would take some getting used to for me, as I'm really spoiled by my DA/SA, and really appreciate both, the stronger, yet smooth, DA pull for safety, but the SA pull is, for me, my bread and butter shot/s..

Got to say, in truth, the DAK trigger "impressed me", big-time, as did the young mans 1.5" groups at 15yds. Turned out he was a LEO from up north of me out of Santa Barbara, down visiting his girlfriend, and that boy could shoot.. as I let him shoot my Beretta Px4 40cal, (the first time he had ever shot a Px4) and he did the same thing, all 10 rounds in 1.5" groups (starting with a full DA pull hitting dead center), followed by 9 SA shots all in a 1.5" group at 15yds, and smiled big, and asked me what kind of Beretta it was, as he had never seen one like it..

End of story, he REALLY loves his Sig P226 DAK 40cal.. with Hogue smooth, screwed on, grips..

Sweet gun..

Ls

Rexster
November 16, 2007, 09:51 PM
At this point in time, I like the DAK; my P229R duty pistol is DAK, with the optional short SIG trigger. In the early 1990's, I carried a P220 as a police duty pistol, and used it as my 24/7 carry gun. It took a while, but I learned to shoot the DA/SA transition well enough. I stopped using the P220 because it had the European-style heel-clip magazine release, and it would sometimes snag the fabric of a car seat and partially release the magazine, when the pistol was riding in my open duty holster. Just this week, I bought a standard P229 and ordered a TJ Custom trigger, and have been playing with this combo for a couple of days. The experiment will continue for a bit longer, but I am having a hard time with the SA pull, and I may get a DAO hammer and install it. (Yes, I said SA pull! It is totally unlike my 1911 and sixguns.) OTOH, if I can get used to the SA pull, I will truly be able to answer the original question.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig Guys! SA/DA or DAK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!