1911 Emp

PDA

zeke707
November 15, 2007, 11:52 AM
I just purchased a Springfield Armory 1911 EMP to add to my collection. Any experiences with this gun?

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Emp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tydephan
November 15, 2007, 02:55 PM
Zeke,

Lots of good information has been documented about this little gun.

I will point you to the thread that started it all:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=225870

Also, this thread has some good info as well:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=315739

I invite you to use the search function and you'll find a trove of great information.

I have an EMP, and absolutely love it. The ONLY thing I've found wrong with the gun is the front site is tough for me to pick up during daylight shooting. But I've adjusted to it.

Good luck with your EMP.

And welcome to the High Road.

John

TX1911fan
November 15, 2007, 04:08 PM
I've had mine for a little over a month. Love it. Can't say anything but good things about it.

XLMiguel
November 15, 2007, 09:23 PM
I've had one for a couple months, about 700 rnds thru. Overall, I really like it. It has always gone 'bang' with whatever I've fed it, it's certainly accurate enough, good triggger. The only bobbles I've had were one stovepipe shooting left (weak) handed, which I attirbute to operator error (limp-wristing), and the slide failed to lock back twice on the last round. I haven't cleaned/inspected things since the last range trip, but I'll put some more rnds thru before I'll thing the slide thing is a problem.

TheReeves
November 15, 2007, 10:21 PM
Is the frame the same size as the Officers models and are grips available?

zeke707
November 15, 2007, 11:02 PM
I should have done a search on the subject. Thanks for pointing to a couple threads. I must say after reading the posts, this appears to be one fine pistol. I'm glad I was able to find one in my area for sale! I have yet to take it to the range but I'll do it soon.:)

Walkalong
November 16, 2007, 09:55 AM
Is the frame the same size as the Officers models and are grips available?
There is Hertz and then there is not exactly. Not exactly. :)

TheReeves
November 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the info, still the next purchase, regardless.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Emp" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!