Reduced Recoil Remington Buckshot

PDA

308win
November 15, 2007, 02:50 PM
Anyone have experience with this ammunition in an 870 Express HD? I believe it is loaded with 8 pellets instead of 9.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reduced Recoil Remington Buckshot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bpisler
November 16, 2007, 05:58 AM
I had a 870 with a 21" barrel and set up
with mod choke,they would pattern at 6-7
inches at 15 yards.Very soft shooting
and didn't seem to throw flyers,great
ammo for the price.

The same ammo in my mossy 500 with a
18"cylinder bore barrel opens up to
9-10 inches at the same range.With the
limbsaver recoil pad felt recoil is
close to a AR-15 with these loads.

fearless leader
November 16, 2007, 02:18 PM
Yes! It is outstanding ammo and I have no idea where to get more.
It functioned in my Benelli Super90, Mossy Jungle Gun and the 590. The shop I bought if from had 10 boxes and no more. They don't remember where they ordered it from and I don't know where to get more, but it patteren well and had sufficient gusto to do what I needed.
I have heard it said that the Super 90 was a light recoiling shotgun (Liars, liars, liars...), mine kicked like a goverment mule. Ergo the reason I tried it, and it tamed the raging Italian for rapid fire shooting. Unfortunately, I had already agreed to sell it when I discovered this.

DoubleTapDrew
November 16, 2007, 03:54 PM
It works great in my 870. Shooting it back to back with Wolf 00 was like shooting a .223 vs a 30-06. They patterned similarly at the HD-like range I was testing at.
fearless leader- I got mine here: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=202716 None of the local stores around here seem to carry buckshot anymore.

ilmonster
November 19, 2007, 10:39 AM
I shoot it in my 20" 870P and it shoots soft and patterns great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reduced Recoil Remington Buckshot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!