Grips for Glock 19 to smooth/round out the grooves?

PDA

andrewshogun
November 16, 2007, 03:42 AM
Anyone recommend grips that will cover the awkward imprint/grooves of the Glock? In particular I am looking for a solution on the Glock 19. Anything that will smooth or round out the grooves so that it does not protrude so much and make it more ergonomically comfortable would be great. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips for Glock 19 to smooth/round out the grooves?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BamBam-31
November 16, 2007, 03:45 AM
Bicycle innertube might work. Cheap, too. Spray a little hairspray underneath--it'll help get it on initially, and when it dries, the hairspray will help keep it in place as well.

If it's a range/comp gun, TruGrip seems to work well.

andrewshogun
November 16, 2007, 04:25 AM
thanks bam bam. what i'm essentially looking to accomplish is to remove the grooves, without actually pulling out the sandpaper or buying a gen 2 glock 19 :) do you like the feel of Hogue Handall grips? I'm looking for something to put over the grip so that basically the grooves are negated.

Grandpa Shooter
November 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
That issue has been covered repeatedly on this forum. From what I have read you are out of luck with finding a slip on piece that will negate the finger grooves. If you search you will find a long thread on one shooter's efforts to remove the "bumps" on his newer Glock.

GlockamaniaŽ
November 16, 2007, 12:48 PM
I've actually used tennis grip tape. It does its job.

Maybe you should consider not gripping too much on the reciever. This has been my observation.

andrewshogun
November 16, 2007, 01:48 PM
do the hogue grips help with improving the feel of the gun? i would guess it absorbs a slight (very slight) bit of felt recoil as well.

GlockamaniaŽ
November 16, 2007, 02:20 PM
Hogue grips are more effective for shooters with big hands. But Hogues need to be changed every so often since they lose their elasticity.

Brian Williams
November 16, 2007, 02:34 PM
a Bastard file does a great job.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grips for Glock 19 to smooth/round out the grooves?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!