The Journey

PDA

Curare
November 17, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hangun preference is an entirely personal thing. Shoot several guns, do it again, and you are still going to buy and sell a half dozen before you even get close to knowing what you want. You may even come back to guns you sold in the past. It's like dating, really. The pistols that I've grown to love and have come back to are the Glock 17 and HK P7M8.

The P7M8 is like dating a model--incredible pros and incredible cons. The G17 is the farmer's daughter who gives you a life of happiness.

You spend years trying to find a perfect P7M8--and you spend a pretty penny to land her. You take her to the range, impress everyone, and then she suddenly gets too hot and wants to leave. Then you have to put her back into her $200 little black custom "designer" holster you waited 6 months for and hope that she doesn't rust on the way home.

She won't go back to that dusty handgun training class across the country because the instructor their didn't "understand her" and she kept getting hot and flustered. She was embarassed when you tried to shoot her with oven mits on, and nearly left you when you messed around with her sister when she was cooling off.

You dream about her at work--the 1 inch double taps, the amazing sights, the sounds she makes when you handle her, that premium feel, the way she slips herself down into your IWB holster. At that moment you realize that the pain is worth it.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Journey" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mad Magyar
November 17, 2007, 05:27 PM
Then you have to put her back into her $200 little black custom "designer" holster you waited 6 months for and hope that she doesn't rust on the way home.

Not sure about that....but I understand where you are coming from with the rest of your statement....:)

CWL
November 17, 2007, 06:12 PM
If you really are bothered by your P7M8 heating up, get two.

I've used my P7M8 & P7M13 at IDPA and at training camps and have never had an instructor sneer at my choice of gun.

"rust"? Oh please...:rolleyes:

ccmdfd
November 17, 2007, 10:21 PM
Sounds like he's got a Del Fatti!

I've been on the exact same path many times.

I shoot the M8 and I love it. Fast, accurate, easy to use.

Then I go home and read on the net how:

1. These darn things keep breaking parts, esp. the newer ones. Who wants a gun like that?

2. No longer made, getting parts can be a pain.

3. Only 8+1 capacity, everyone knows you need more!

4. Heavy, can't keep carrying something that heavy.

5. Too expensive.

So I'll start to wonder which gun I'll use as my main ccw piece instead.

Then I go back to the range and the M8 beats everything else up that I would replace it with, and I realize, that getting rounds on target quickly is the #1 goal.

cc

WOODROW
November 19, 2007, 01:33 PM
I must admit that while sitting here thinking about "my journey" with all the ladies I've dealt with, there has been pain and pleasure. Excitement and disappoinement. But I guess the most important thing I have learned about the entire journey is that getting here is half of the fun. SEMPER FI

Coronach
November 19, 2007, 02:58 PM
What parts "keep breaking"? My PSP has been flawless.

Mike

Curare
December 4, 2007, 11:09 PM
Just had another enjoyable outing with the P7M8 tonight. It effortlessly helps me put rounds on target quickly. Speed, accuracy, ergos--love it.

I took someother toys with me to allow my main squeeze some time to cool off between strings. Have to keep the Kalashnikov and S&W 640 happy too.

CZF
December 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
The P7 has never held and great charm for me. Heavy, ill pointing for my hands.. awkward manual of arms for someone used to the Browning type pistols. Not to mention the heat issue.

However, I can see your point and fell the same way about my cherished CZs, both rifles and pistols.

For many a year they were unknown in the states, but revered (and still are)
during my travels overseas.

Things are much better nowdays, but that seems to be everywhere but my area of the country.

The love affair continues, but few people can feel the passion for CZech steel
out West.

I still get the same comment when I show up on ranges and people ask what I'm carrying or shooting that day.

"CZ, WHAT??"

If you enjoyed reading about "The Journey" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!