The Firing Line- Fading into the Night...

PDA

Freedom in theSkies
January 10, 2003, 02:12 AM
It seems as though The High Road" is taking off where the Firing Line left off.... I remember last year when TFL shut down for a while. Do you think Rich is going to re- instate The Firing Line, or is it going to fade into the night?
It just seems that the incredible amount of insight and comraderie is left for the "Buzzerds"...
:(

If you enjoyed reading about "The Firing Line- Fading into the Night..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
firestar
January 10, 2003, 02:16 AM
It is going to be kept up. It will serve as a online library for reference.

As much as I liked TFL, the internet is a living place and I doubt I will visit the dead TFL much, it is kind of sad and depressing. I don't keep pictures either, I hate the past.

WonderNine
January 10, 2003, 03:02 AM
It is a very good reference library. Information I can't find on here, or don't want to wait for, I'll search for on TFL.

Gewehr98
January 10, 2003, 06:43 AM
That the forum areas over there aren't on-screen anymore, I have to find stuff based on what I put into the search function. :(

Hal
January 10, 2003, 07:01 AM
That the forum areas over there aren't on-screen anymore, That's because the forum default is to display only posts made in the last (2?) days. Either edit your profile to display posts [from the beginning], or perhaps tyme can alter the forum default to display posts [from the beginning] instead of the present setting.

Schmit
January 10, 2003, 07:11 AM
TFL will not fade into the night... as Rich said it will stand as a Reference Library. That, in and of itself, is a very good thing.

As for bringing it back... only time will tell.

Hkmp5sd
January 10, 2003, 07:15 AM
So far, I've been hoping over to TFL a few times a day to track down some fact or data that I remember discussing but can't remember all the points.

Sure hope they offer it on CD if they ever turnout the lights!

Blackcloud6
January 10, 2003, 09:46 AM
As far as I'm concerned, THR has just continued on the same thing as TFL. Seems much the same here.

Freedom in theSkies
January 10, 2003, 10:03 AM
As far as I'm concerned, THR has just continued on the same thing as TFL. Seems much the same here.
I agree Blackcloud6, THR has the making for greatness that TFL realized.

Cal4D4
January 10, 2003, 11:59 AM
TFL set an internet high water mark for an active and informative gathering spot. Time to hitch up our shorts and see if we can't "stand on the shoulders" of that which was achieved.

Viking6
January 10, 2003, 12:06 PM
I see little difference in THR and TFL, I figure that's a good thing. And when that shut down last year, that was a technical problem wasn't it?

UnknownSailor
January 10, 2003, 12:31 PM
The server got "hacked".

I wonder if Rich ever found out who did it?

45R
January 10, 2003, 12:49 PM
Could it have been HCI...the conspriacy continues. :neener: Just Kidden.

TFL has been a great home. Kudos to Oleg for giving us a place we can call home.

4v50 Gary
January 10, 2003, 02:19 PM
TFL set the standards. May we exceed them.

PATH
January 10, 2003, 02:37 PM
TFL will never fade. It will always serve as a beacon of light to all those who enjoy shooting and more importantly; the freedom to do so!

Rich Lucibella and the staff there set the mark all who come after should try to reach. I hope that THR will reach that mark and surpass it. I, for one, will never stop visiting TFL.

gun-fucious
January 10, 2003, 02:49 PM
i seem to see the same staff over here as was staff over there

other than the man at the switch
not much has changed

ceestand
January 10, 2003, 03:02 PM
I personally have used the old TFL for reference since it shut down. I'm happy it's still there.

Bacchus
January 10, 2003, 03:16 PM
I've also used TFL's search function.

And I'd love to have the info on CD.

10-Ring
January 10, 2003, 03:37 PM
As much as I liked TFL, I really enjoy the interaction. For that reason, THR rules. As a reference resource, I'm glad it's still available.

Dennis Olson
January 10, 2003, 03:40 PM
I will miss TFL. But this place is great, and the colors are MUCH better... heh heh...

Navy joe
January 10, 2003, 05:13 PM
This place is certainly like a new TFL, lots of the same folks. What stands a danger of fading into the night is Rich's reminder to get out and do something offline for gun rights. Let's not forget that.

Don Gwinn
January 10, 2003, 07:14 PM
Actually some of the TFL staff is working over at http://www.thefiringrange.com , too. Seems like a nice place.

4v50 Gary
January 10, 2003, 07:20 PM
TFR isn't bad either. Not as busy as here though.

dairycreek
January 10, 2003, 07:55 PM
a better shooter, gun owner, and, yes, a better person too. The standards in both places make for more reasoned, better thought out and prepared answers, instead of flip and insulting remarks. That's a good thing. A real good thing. Good shooting:)

RAY WOODROW 3RD
January 10, 2003, 08:54 PM
The PM function still works from TFL if you had your settings set to email notify you of a PM. I've been going over there to get emails of the people I stayed in contact with through TFL. A great site it was. I also would purchase a CD with all the info from the site contained within. Does Rich want to make a buck or two?:confused:

ed dixon
January 11, 2003, 12:15 AM
Placid blue on thefiringrange.com is very pleasant. Guess I'll mostly hang out with the purple pastel crowd though.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Firing Line- Fading into the Night..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!