Walther PPk and PPKs

PDA

joev
November 18, 2007, 09:58 PM
Does anyone have a site I can do side by side comparison? looking for dimension and pics. I am trying to se if the PPK is that much smaller and lihter. many thanx

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther PPk and PPKs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve C
November 18, 2007, 10:15 PM
http://www.waltheramerica.com/

Z71
November 18, 2007, 10:18 PM
I own a Walther PP .32 and a PPK/S .380. The main difference in the PPK and the PPK/s is the grip frame. The PPK has a shorter grip frame and grips that wrap around the back of the frame. The PPK/S has the same size grips/same grips as the PP, with a solid backstrap. PPK/S has the same length slide/barrel as the PPK.

Look about the same except grip length. Short grip PPK holds one less cartridge than the PPK/s pistols. I would presume the PPK is somewhat lighter by virtue of the shorter grip and having less frame(back strap), less ammo too. Only major size difference would be the height of the frame, PPK/s being taller.

denfoote
November 19, 2007, 06:13 PM
The PPK/S is simply a PP frame mated to a PPK slide.
An artificial construct done to get around the import restrictions of GCA 68.
It turns out that it caught on because you pick up that all important extra round without losing much in concealability.

Length (overall) PP 6.7"

Length (overall) PPK, PPK/S 6.1"

Height (overall) PP 4.3"

Height (overall) PPK 3.9"

MICHAEL T
November 19, 2007, 06:25 PM
Get the PPK/S and have a extra round + you can find grips a lot easlier. The PPK grips also seem to break more than PPK/S . We talking less than a 1/2" here.

KBintheSLC
November 19, 2007, 06:32 PM
I believe the PPK/S has a slightly longer tang to reduce bite. I bought a new one about six months ago but I couldn't get it to be reliable after about 400 rounds and a fluff and buff. Make sure that you view the gun internally before you buy it. The newer S&W made versions seem very poorly machined on the inside of the slide and the frame rails. If you field strip it and see what I saw on mine, you may not want it. I wish I could find a good original German made Walther. Anyway, I traded it in for a Glock 26 and have never looked back.

If you enjoyed reading about "Walther PPk and PPKs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!