Working for an armored car company....

PDA

Mastrogiacomo
July 18, 2003, 05:53 PM
I didn't expect things to move this quickly but applied for a messenger job at Brinks and they called me a few hours later to ask if I'd come in Monday morning for an interview. The restriction upon applying was that I needed a pistol permit -- I got it -- but not the Class A. I assume the important thing is that I have a permit -- A or B. Anyone work for Brinks? What's the company like? Just because they called me in doesn't mean they'll hire me but I'm curious to know who I'd be working for and how they treat their employees. Do I have to pay for my own vest?

If you enjoyed reading about "Working for an armored car company...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VaughnT
July 18, 2003, 11:23 PM
Brinks is the largest in the world, AFAIK. Their training regimen is very thorough, though there's likely to be some regional variations due to local laws and such. Overall, I like them and think you'll have a good chance of moving up in the company, especially if you're willing to relocate/travel.

Being a messenger is not an easy job, however. That coin is very heavy and you have deadlines to make. The bad news is that Brinks doesn't rotate the two-man crew like AT so the messenger has to do all the jumping. You get paid more than the driver, and you're in charge of the truck/route, but you're gonna get tired. It's very physical and that polyester uniform will have you sweating bullets real quick.

Generally, you don't have to pay for the vest, though they may ask you to pay a portion of the cost. Different companies have different policies. It will not be a top-of-the-line vest that's super comfy/flexible. I chose real quick to live with the chance of being wounded or killed rather than the certain death by heatstroke that heavy vest would have caused. Stiff as plywood and hotter than south hell! :evil: :fire:

Enjoy the job. Winter's almost here.

If you enjoyed reading about "Working for an armored car company...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!