Knoxx industries?

PDA

DAVIDSDIVAD
November 18, 2007, 11:59 PM
How many of you are familiar with Knoxx industries?

I have one of their Comp-stocks installed on my mossberg 590.

I love it; I can shoot over 70 full house buckshot loads with very slight soreness the next day but no bruising at all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Knoxx industries?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hqmhqm
November 19, 2007, 12:34 AM
I have one for my 870, and it does really work as advertised. I can shoot slugs and buckshot without
getting my shoulder hurt.

rodregier
November 19, 2007, 12:57 AM
+1 Comp-stock on a Norinco 870 clone w/factory 14" brl. Definitely helps make recoil w/slugs and buckshot more tolerable.

John917
November 19, 2007, 11:16 AM
That's the M4-looking stock, that's spring-loaded, isn't it? I had seen it in a mag article, and I loved it, but I don't love the price all that much ($135). It says it has two recoil absorber systems in it, what's the second system? I have seen the mercury-filled tubes for Benellis, and I would like to make my own version of that for my Mav. 88, sans poisonous mercury. For now, I have poured some #8 shot into the stock, to balance out the gun, make it heavier, and to require force to move it forward, like the mercury does, reducing recoil.

Jorg Nysgerrig
November 19, 2007, 11:49 AM
It says it has two recoil absorber systems in it, what's the second system?

One in the pistol grip, the other is in the "tube". The receiver actually slides back over the pistol grip and the tube compresses.

If you click here:
http://www.knoxx.com/products/SpecOps_Stock.php

Then click on the last picture on the images (the one with the white back ground), it shows both systems in color.

DAVIDSDIVAD
November 19, 2007, 10:37 PM
No, the M-4 styled one is the "Spec-Ops" stock.

I didn't want to get it because it seemed a little too tacticool for me, hahaha.

The comp-stock is the more traditionally styled one.

I'll tell you one thing about these stocks, though:

It does take a little practice to get the full benefit of the stock. If you don't really push into the cam it might not always activate.

Either that or I just had to break it in.

Anyhow, *GREAT* product.

chris in va
November 20, 2007, 03:01 PM
I had the Spec Ops for my 500 but the angle was weird for me. I'd like to get the CompStock for it at some point.

rodregier
November 20, 2007, 09:51 PM
I ensured that the cam point of my Comp-Stock was well-greased before final assembly. Just wanted to make sure it had maximum chance of working properly.

It *is* a stiff spring. I tried to compress the spring assembly between my two hands in front of my chest just for giggles. Couldn't do it.

madcratebuilder
November 21, 2007, 08:24 AM
The M-4 styled stock is available as a recoil reducing model. One spring in the buttstock tube and one in the pistol grip.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/crop06.jpg

John917
November 21, 2007, 10:57 AM
Nice setup you got there.

DAVIDSDIVAD
November 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I had to lock the pump and really force it into my shoulder to work it.

You can really feel it absorbing the recoil with 3" shells, though.

Ed Ames
November 23, 2007, 07:36 PM
I have a cop-stock (folder) installed on my 500A. It works well even as a pistol grip (with the stock folded). It seems like firing that 12ga (with standard loads) off-hand has less perceived "bite" than some pistols I've fired. It works quite well for perceived recoil reduction. It also works well from the shoulder, though it ain't so hot for clays type games because of the relatively sloppy lock-up of the folding mechanism. Great for social uses though and it helps with carrying in "discrete" ways.

Any of you with the spec-ops stock done any clays shooting? How does it work for you compared to a conventional stock? My need for the folding stock is evaporating and I've been thinking of selling the copstock and getting the spec-ops or compstock.

3006mv
November 24, 2007, 06:23 PM
does the pistol grip interfere with access to the bolt release on the left side of the receiver? can the buttstock be easily removed to use just the pistol grip?

Noxx
November 24, 2007, 06:37 PM
Never heard of em, but I approve of their choice of brand name.

If you enjoyed reading about "Knoxx industries?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!