Marlin Camp Carbine - Magazine Conversions?

PDA

Janos Dracwlya
November 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
I have a Marlin Camp 9 and I really enjoy shooting it. I also have a S&W 5906 so I can share magazines between the two.

Something I was wondering about was whether anyone ever made replacement trigger-guard/magazine wells for the Camp 9's that would allow them to use the magazines from other handguns, like the Glock, Beretta or Browning Hi-Power. It seems like it would be fairly easy to do, though I could be wrong, not being a gunsmith or much of a mechanic.

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Camp Carbine - Magazine Conversions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MassMark
November 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
Here's something I found on a simple Google search....

http://www.notpurfect.com/main/campgun9.htm

bcp
November 19, 2007, 05:34 PM
Years ago someone advertised magazine conversions. I never found out if they modified the rifle or the magazine. So, it can be done.

Bruce

Janos Dracwlya
November 19, 2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys.

I've bookmarked the page with the disassembly instructions. Very handy. I might have to look into a couple of the Suomi magazines. 72 rounds in Camp Carbine would rock.

I've heard (on here just a couple of days ago) that some of the .45 Camp Carbines had been converted to run on Sig P-220 or even Paraordinance double-stack magazines, so I thought maybe someone had produced a conversion for the Camp 9, given the plethora of popular 9mm pistols out there.

I think I have convinced my roommate that he needs one of the .45 carbines if he ever gets around to buying a 1911-style gun like he is always saying he's going to do.

Marlin 45 carbine
November 20, 2007, 09:33 AM
I've got the Camp 9 & .45 both, I use 20 rd mags in the 9 and 10's in the .45, that's some firepower but would like to check on mag conversions for the .45 if you can come up with a link. thanks. I got one of the Promag drums but haven't tried it yet most reports have been negative unforunately.

Wolfgang2000
November 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
I have a Marlin Camp 9mm that takes Glock magazines. I had it done in either the late 80's or early 90's, (CRS at work here :confused:), I love it, especially when I working and living in the city.

A close look at the new trigger group showed that all he did was modify the mag well to fit the new type of magazine.

November 21, 2007, 06:41 AM
Would you post some pics of your modified trigger group? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Wolfgang2000
November 21, 2007, 12:18 PM
1040 I'll try if I can figure out how to do it. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Marlin Camp Carbine - Magazine Conversions?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!