Ammo Can Stink

PDA

BobTheTomato
November 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
I just bought some surplus 50 cal ammo cans that smell real bad on the inside. Anyone know if standard air fresheners will cause corrosion?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo Can Stink" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZeSpectre
November 19, 2007, 06:57 PM
Use Mr. Clean and some HOT water and wash them out (pay close attention to the gasket area), then leave 'em outside (open) for about 24hrs and see how they smell.

George Hill
November 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
Or you could just spray it all out with Gun Scrubber, then wipe it down with some gun oil to protect it. Done.

GRIZ22
November 19, 2007, 08:52 PM
Or you could just spray it all out with Gun Scrubber,

I'm not sure that Gun Scrubber won't damage the seals. I know it would melt AUG magazines.

Bartkowski
November 19, 2007, 09:37 PM
Whenever mine smell bad, I just use laquer thinner to clean the whole thing then put some Remoil on it.

Ratshooter
November 19, 2007, 09:42 PM
Wadded up newspaper is supposed to be good for removing smells from an ice chest. Also some baking soda in a plastic dish for a few days might work also.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo Can Stink" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!