Ithaca Mdl 37 Info

PDA

PBR8762
November 19, 2007, 11:42 PM
I have purchased an Ithaca Featherweight 20 ga as a Christmas present for my husband. Trying to find out when it was made. Serial number is 26245. I would also like to purchase a book with info on the Ithaca shotguns. Reading info from members I've ran across reference to a book by Walt Snyder, Featherweight Repeaters. I've found a couple copies but it is an expensive book - is it worth the money? Don't care to pay the price if the info is worth it. Appreciate all responses.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ithaca Mdl 37 Info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
22-rimfire
November 19, 2007, 11:50 PM
I have a Snyder book. It is not bad if you like Ithaca's. The title is "The Ithaca Gun Company From the begining". Maybe he has authored another one since this one. I paid $50 back in 1992 for it. No serial number lists in it.

PBR8762
November 20, 2007, 02:01 AM
Thanks - apparently there are two books. He does like the Ithacas - this will make 4, a 12, 16 and 20 ga in the 37 and another that I've forgotten the model # and size.

hoghunting
November 21, 2007, 01:28 AM
You might try posting on www.shotgunworld.com as they deal with all questions about shotguns. There is a gunsmith on the forum that worked for Ithaca for quite a few years. They'll be able to answer your Ithaca questions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ithaca Mdl 37 Info" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!