Woo! Free Shotgun! (Sorta)

PDA

GigaBuist
November 20, 2007, 12:47 AM
I checked my voice mail the other day and a buddy of mine from years passed said he's moving out of state, won't be hunting any more, and would like to set up a meeting so he can give me the Saiga 20 gauge I lent him about 3 years ago.

I'd honestly written that gun off as long gone. He borrowed it to go rabbit hunting on his dad's property a few years ago. He asked when I wanted it back I jokingly said, "Well, try and keep it under 5 years. I really have no purpose for it, just have fun with it."

I'm not sure if he's taken any game with it, but he did keep it handy as a home defense gun. That is especially funny to me because he was a "reasonable gun control" Democrat that thinks nobody should have an AK rifle at home. I can't help but wonder if living with an AK pattern shotgun might have opened up his eyes a bit.

I'm actually pretty amped at having the opportunity to take it back. I think it'd be a whole lot of fun to try the thing out at the skeet range next door.

If you enjoyed reading about "Woo! Free Shotgun! (Sorta)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chris in va
November 20, 2007, 02:58 PM
Excellent. Wish I could get one. The Kalashnikov action just fascinates me, and having one in a shotgun platform would be amazing.

Plus ah...you can bump fire it...;)

DAVIDSDIVAD
November 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
how much do those saigas usually go for?

If you enjoyed reading about "Woo! Free Shotgun! (Sorta)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!