Trigger guard on new HK45

PDA

TL1234
November 20, 2007, 05:50 AM
So, I've heard reports that the HK45 has actually hit the shelves in some places (I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen a range report here yet) and I have a question about the trigger guard for anyone that might have gotten a chance to handle one.

I really liked the HK USP 45 I had, except I felt the trigger guard was way to big. I couldn't rest my trigger finger on it properly like I can my other guns, and it really bugged me. Otherwise, I really liked it.

Does the HK45 have a ridiculously oversized trigger guard too? It looks like it might from the pics I've seen. That would suck, because I would think about getting one otherwise:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "Trigger guard on new HK45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1man
November 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
The purpose for the over-sized trigger guard is so when the operator is wearing gloves, they can fit there over-sized finger on the trigger!

littlegator
November 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
...which I thought was interesting since (I think, but don't know...) the ops guys cut the tip of the trigger finger out of the glove. Maybe that's just in the movies. And I believe everything I see out of Hollywood. :D

TL1234
November 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
Even with gloves on the USP was still too big. Granted I have smaller hands, but man, that thing was ridiculously huge.

Anyone know how the HK45 compares? I'm still REALLY surprised I haven't seen a range report here on THR yet.

kingofwylietx
November 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
It looks a little smaller, but it is so close that I don't think it matters. They are big so that you can effectively use them with gloves......without cutting off the end of the glove on your trigger finger. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Trigger guard on new HK45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!