1st gen glock?

PDA

greyling22
November 20, 2007, 02:25 PM
I just picked up a glock 17 in a pawn shop and the serial number plate on the frame is black instead of silver. from some other stuff I have read, and pictures I have seen, I have a 1st gen gun, but the plates on the other 1st gens I have seen are silver too. Serial number begins with CA###, any idea of date of manufacture? (the google link to the topglock serial number tool is broken)

also, I heard something about a recall on older guns, something about nickel plated interior parts. is this serious?

and finally, any source for cheap mags (I've seen them for $16-22)

If you enjoyed reading about "1st gen glock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GlockamaniaŽ
November 20, 2007, 02:44 PM
Call this number (770) 432-1202.

I'd like to hear what GLOCK has to say.

greyling22
November 20, 2007, 03:20 PM
"imported march 1987" and the black plate "that's just the way they were in those days" -glock rep. thanks for the number.

cheap mags anyone? greyling is a cheapskate and wants a second one.

SoonerSP101
November 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
I ordered mine from Midway.

GunNut
November 21, 2007, 12:25 AM
CDNN has some great prices on their Glock mags but you have to plan on buying quite a few to make it worth it.

Check them over the holiday weekend or just on the weekend for special deals including free shipping.

Depending on quantity I usually just spend the $20 and pick them up from my local dealer.

RUT
November 21, 2007, 10:29 AM
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412093

Use this link for instant Glock serial# identification.

Grandpa Shooter
November 21, 2007, 11:21 AM
Glock factory mags shouldn't be over $20.00. Check Glockmeister if you need to.

RUT
November 21, 2007, 11:38 AM
I routinely buy Glock factory mags at Widener's for $15.99.

bub
November 24, 2007, 08:40 PM
About the parts recall- if it has black, phosphated slide and frame parts (firing pin, trigger bar, firing pin safety, etc) then it needs upgrading. If it has nickle parts, it's OK. Just find a Glock armorer, they can call Glock and get the upgrade parts free and the upgrade takes about 30 minutes, if that. You can also call Glock and see if you still aren't sure, they keep a database of which weapons haven't been reported to them as upgraded.

Bub

If you enjoyed reading about "1st gen glock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!