Comanchee Brand?

PDA

Lexter
July 18, 2003, 10:29 PM
Has anyone heard of this brand before? (Comanchee)

Is it made by someone other than what's stamped on it?

I saw this brand listed on a local dealer's website (via Davidson's).

Thanks for the input!

Lexter in NC

:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "Comanchee Brand?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
July 19, 2003, 12:57 AM
Maybe it's Les Baer's Comanche line of 1911s?

Kahr carrier
July 19, 2003, 04:47 AM
There was a spanish revolver that used to be called the Comanche,I think it was made by Llama.

Jim March
July 19, 2003, 05:32 AM
Don't even THINK about buying a Comanche sight unseen. No way, no HOW.

There was a display of these at the NRA convention in Reno, 2002. They're from Argentina, which in and of itself isn't so bad. Pretty basic S&W clones, like a Rossi of 10 years ago.

But no Rossi I've ever seen was put together by syphalitic chimpanzees shooting up methamphetamines. By all appearances, these were :scrutiny:.

I mean, these were guns on display at an NRA convention and not actually for sale. If they had any good ones, they'd have been there. These were the BEST of the lot. And...Jesus H. Christ...I wasn't able to find two machined edges side by side that really matched. The sideplate edges wavered all over the place. Trigger pulls ranged from bad to "oh my God, there's actual sandpaper glued to the sear!".

It was...yikes. Just horrible.

And again: this was spring of 2002.

Wildalaska
July 19, 2003, 06:14 AM
Llama Comanchees...pure unadulterated junk

WildmorecheapstuffAlaska

Nick96
July 20, 2003, 11:34 PM
LLama made a .357 revolver along the lines of a S&W N frame by that name at one time. Shot one a friend had once - seemed okay. Probably the most popular Llama was a .380 fashoned after a Colt Gov. .380. Had a friend that had one of those too - and liked it fine. They also had a .45 fashoned after the Colt 1911 (heard they were okay, but never actually shot one).

IMHO though, if you are going to get a .357 revolver - best get one made by one of the American "Big Three".

stans
July 21, 2003, 07:01 AM
I have handled only one Llama Comanchee, 357 Magnum. The owner said he liked it, but even with the sight adjusted all the way to the right side, it still did not shoot to the point of aim. I looked at it and immediately noticed the barrel was angled to the right when looking down the frame from the rear of the revolver. It was at such an angle that the rear sight could not compensate for the poorly fitted barrel.

If you are in the market for a 357 Magnum revolver, I would suggest you look at Colt, Dan Wesson, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, or Taurus. You can sometimes find some great deals on police trade in revolvers.

Jim March
July 21, 2003, 08:07 AM
Doesn't Llama import pieces from a bunch of different small makers, mostly South American?

In other words, some Llamas might be worth owning, but others (like Comanches!) are "avoid at all cost, run away screaming, a brick is a more reliable weapon" sorta thing?

Frenchy
July 21, 2003, 09:30 AM
Had one back in the 70's. I think they were imported by Interarms at that time, and was marked "Made in Spain".
The wife loved it. It wasn't a bad revolver...Don't know about the new ones.

If you enjoyed reading about "Comanchee Brand?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!