Why do you shoot what you shoot?

PDA

kamagong
November 20, 2007, 07:15 PM
Deleted.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why do you shoot what you shoot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheReeves
November 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
I'd love to pick up a shotgun, or an AR, but I like handguns too much so usually if I have the money to pick something up, that is what it goes towards. To take it further, I have a Colt Defender, A Taurus model 85 Ultra-lite, and a '67 Walther PP, but when it comes to trying to pick out what I want next, I always come back to the 1911 style. The only reason I have the Taurus and Walther is from trading previous handguns before I was introduced to the 1911. I'm still trying to dig up a Springfield EMP which is a lot of money for a 9mm, but so much sexier than the Glock 19 I was leaning towards.

Walkalong
November 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
Why do you shoot what you shoot?
Cause I enjoy it. I have sold nice guns just because I did not have fun shooting them. They were great guns that I liked, but they just were not fun to shoot. They did not "flic my bic" so to speak. Had to go to try other stuff.

After all these years I still enjoy shooting the 1911 in .45 ACP more than any other pistol. Recoil is not bad, but you know you shot something. It has a low BOOOOOM, instead of of a high sharp BANG. It is cool to shoot a long way, watching the sun glint off the bullet as it travels and then finally hearing the thunk when it hits. :D

Shooting 55 gallon metal drums at 200 yards is an absolute hoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why do you shoot what you shoot?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!