New Short Reset Trigger: WOW

PDA

curmudgeon and anarchist
November 21, 2007, 08:58 PM
Just got my 226 Blackwater back from Sig where they installed an SRT. Put 200 rounds through it at the range today. What a difference? I can shoot three inch groups at speed!

Of course this is the 9 millimeter. I'm wondering how those with 220 Elites are doing in terms of recoil management.

If you enjoyed reading about "New Short Reset Trigger: WOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sfmittels
November 22, 2007, 12:56 AM
The SRT is fun at high speed. I have two Elites - a P229 (.40 S&W) and a P220. As you might expect, the P220 bucks like any other alloy-frame .45 ACP. That's where the beavertail on the Elite models comes into play. It allows much better control in rapid fire by spreading the recoil pulse over more of the web of the shooting hand. Frankly, I find shooting the P220 Elite in rapid fire to be similar to a 1911 - the beavertail helps with both of them.

Enjoy your Blackwater. Congratulations on upgrading it with the SRT. It's a keeper.

JDGray
November 22, 2007, 07:04 AM
Can they install the SRT on a 239? Just picked one up, and I'm used to my Glocks, 1911s, heck even my CZ is way better.

varoadking
November 22, 2007, 07:16 AM
the beavertail on the Elite models...allows much better control in rapid fire by spreading the recoil pulse over more of the web of the shooting hand.

The web of my hand doesn't contact any more of my P220 Carry Stainless Elite with the beavertail than it does on my P220 Carry DAK without one. The beavertail sweeps up and away from my hand.

YMMV, but "much better control" would seem to be a bit of an overstatement.

Wayne G.
November 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
I had the same thing (along w/ action job) done to my P220. It is indeed a fantastic upgrade. If anyone is considering it, I recommend it! It cuts reset by 40% or something.

1SOW
November 22, 2007, 10:14 PM
JDGray: I read on the Sig site (or catalog?) that they can put a SRT job on the P239, but I've heard on a P239 you may not get as much improvement as some other models. The Sig won't 'point' the same as the Glock, but if it's DA only, it'll sure outshoot 'em. ......any takers?

JDGray
November 23, 2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks, 1SOW, the SA trigger is a silky smooth 4#, after a mile of takeup:D

mister2
November 23, 2007, 10:04 AM
In 1911s, it prevents hammer bite AND lowers bore axis.
Does it do the same in the Elite? OTB, SIGs were always noted for high bore axis.
Bottom line: YMMV

If you enjoyed reading about "New Short Reset Trigger: WOW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!