Electronic Powder Dispensers and IMR 800x

PDA

mbpautz762
November 21, 2007, 09:08 PM
I love using IMR 800x for my 10mm loads. clean burning, VERY powerful, and fairly low pressure. I stopped using it because hand measuring each load was too time consuming. Many of you on this forum can confirm how difficult this stuff meters. :uhoh: However, it's a very good chance that Christmas time will bring me a Lyman 1200 DPS III electronic powder measure/dispenser. Do any of you on this forum use an electronic powder measure/dispenser with this particular powder? I just want to verify that since it measures out each load by weight, there will be no issues with a bulky flake powder like 800x gumming up the works or affecting accuracy of the scale.

thanks for the help in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Electronic Powder Dispensers and IMR 800x" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Peter M. Eick
November 22, 2007, 11:08 AM
I tried it in my RCBS dispenser and it jammed it up big time.

I went back to my Uniflow with a baffle, and micrometer screw. Mine is a heavily used one and I can routinely throw +/- 0.1 grn of 800x for 10mm.

I suggest you just play with your techniques and mess around with your gear for a while. 800x is not the devil that some make it out to be. I found keeping the measure full, very consistent operation of the measure and I have no problems.

Good luck.

GP100man
November 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
i take powdered graphite & put it on a rag then put it in my lee autodisc shake till a good coating shows up then charge away checking ever 20 or so ,but always a visual under a good lite.
this method has worked good with about any powder you want to load hand guns with including 800x & herco

GP100man

If you enjoyed reading about "Electronic Powder Dispensers and IMR 800x" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!