Which HP's for Mauser Luger?

PDA

KrankyKraut
November 21, 2007, 10:38 PM
Which hollow points work in your Mauser Luger? I just got one but only used WWB FMJ with it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which HP's for Mauser Luger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mjb
November 22, 2007, 01:34 AM
Try the Remington 115 grain hp. They are made for older guns.

Roswell 1847
November 22, 2007, 04:37 AM
I used to use Supervel truncated cone hollowpoints in my P35. Reading up on these I learned that the original 9mm military loadings used a trucated cone bullet and the switch to the later round nosed bullet was believed to be one source of jamming with the Lugers.
The major cause of jamming seems to be wear to the Magazine locking notch. The two factors work together. When the magazine gets worn it presents the bullet just a hair lower. When truncated cone bullets are used this makes no difference, but round nosed bullets used in the same gun will cause a jam.

If I owned a Luger I'd use only truncated cone ammo if I could find it.
The Supervel is no longer available as far as I know. That was a great cartridge.

Onmilo
November 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
I have yet to own of fire a Luger that wasn't finicky about ammunition choices.
+1 on the Remington 115 JHP and I also would try Federal 'Classic' 115 jacketed hollowpoint ammunition.
One or the other may work decently but I would still expect an occasional jam here and there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which HP's for Mauser Luger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!