light slides up the barrel when shooting

PDA

aufevermike
November 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
I have a police 870 and am using a light mounted to the barrel via a mag extension clamp. However, no matter how tight I clamp this on after 2 shots the light and clamp work it's way to the end of the barrel. Has anyone had this happen and what remedied the problem. I thought about placing some plumbers wire mesh used to clean pipe before it's soldered but if it doesn't hold I'm sure to mar the barrel. Any ideas???

Thanx,
Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "light slides up the barrel when shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Arkie
November 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
Just a thought, how about coating the inside of the clamp with Silicone. The kind of Silicone for either Automotive repair or fish tanks. Just smear it on and let it dry before reattaching it.

It will make it rubbery and not slip.

357wheelgunner
November 22, 2007, 08:57 PM
Buy a proper surefire forend weaponlight.

I had a clamp on light for about a day, I realized it was a hackjob and wouldn't hold up.

Dave McCracken
November 22, 2007, 10:13 PM
Electrical tape inside the clamp.....

rodregier
November 23, 2007, 12:31 AM
Skateboard/non-slip tape under the clamp. (It functions like coarse grip sandpaper with self-adhesive backing).

eng23ine
November 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
a piece of bicycle innertube inside the clamp did the trick for me.

Markbo
November 23, 2007, 10:48 PM
Ditto on the innertube... it won't mar the gun or mount and is a little sturdier than silicone, which you will NOT be able to spread evenly unless you clamp it down onto the gun while still wet.

madcratebuilder
November 24, 2007, 10:14 AM
+1 on the bike inner tube.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/madcratebuilder/vent07.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "light slides up the barrel when shooting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!