Made in Japan Ammo?

PDA

kannonfyre
November 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
Has anyone here ever shot 12ga shotshells made in Japan?

I came across several light blue boxes of No.1 , 4 and BB birdshot in 2 3/4" 12ga size. The ammo was at least 12 years old and the brand name was K.F.C. Where KFC stood for Kawaxxxxxxx Firearms Company. I can't quite remember the exact name of the company but my dealer is selling these few boxes for real cheap.

In any case, when I opened the boxes to check the shells, they seemed to be pristine with the shell bases made of some kind of stainless steel (the box labeled the shells as "high velocity and waterproof"). Not a spot of tarnish or degredation could be seen. It was as if they were factory fresh.

In any case, if anyone has shot made in japan shotshells, please tell me whether they are any good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Made in Japan Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brentn
November 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
I can't tell you for certain about the shot shells, but I can tell you that japan has the highest quality control in the world.
About 90% of the time, if its made in japan, its usually more expensive and will last longer. This is DEFENITLEY the case with any electronic items. They are a society based on perfection.

macFarlaine
November 23, 2007, 02:29 PM
Ditto to the last response.I have never had any in the UK.I would keep them they are probably collectable.

If you enjoyed reading about "Made in Japan Ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!